Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you all see from my signature I own a citigo.
Just liked the boot, had a 107 and didn't like the all glass boot.

As everyone on the forum who owns an up will know they have that boot floor that makes the boot the same level as the rear seats when folded down.

I have the holes in my citigo to fit the brackets. I have the part numbers for the vw parts, was just wondering if anyone finds that boot floor thing annoying in anyway? As I will be spending a fair bit on parts.

If not will be buying parts just after Christmas :).

·
Registered
532 Posts
My daughter has a c2 that has folding rear seats. The result is a flat floor with two great seats stuck there.

The up has a flat floor and this has been used to good effect in moving a 32 inch led tv around and the cover keeps the usual collection of boot rubbish out of site so small bits can be put on the top shelf.

The shelf can also be moved out or put into a lower position for the weekly shop.

So yes, I've found it very useful.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just leave mine in the lowest position to maximise boot space. You get a top-of-seat shelf anyway so everything below that is always out of sight.

I expect the false floor suits the elderly and infirm so they don't have to lift their shopping over a big lip.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in other words it seems like a good idea to get it.

Well after Christmas I will have some money spare so will go into my skoda garage and see if they can get it for me, even might ask for it at trade price ;).

·
Registered
397 Posts
AlanG said:
You get a top-of-seat shelf anyway so everything below that is always out of sight
Our company car drivers were warned NOT to used the pull-out cover supplied with estate cars. The logic was that if you use it you have got something in there worth covering up - most likely a lap top in those days.
Last year, our neighbour suffered a rear quarterlight smashed (a new Vaux Agila) so that rear seat could be folded forward to gain access to the boot which was empty but was covered over with the rear parcel shelf. So maybe keeping boot tidy but with whatever is in there on view is the best policy all things considered?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Alan G
not sure what age you class elderly and infirm ??
I find the boot fine as it is, just level the floor and fold seats downfor major shop, or just lift out the parcel shelf to put dog (large corgi) in the boot with rear seat in place.
I class myself as a young'ish 58 and think the UP! space is great.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Lol. Just saying that the false boot floor is only useful for those that don't wish to lift things over the lip and i guess that could apply to young people as much as to older people and to fit people as much as those whose strength levels leave them challenged. The parcel shelf keeps things covered up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
AlanG said:
the false boot floor is only useful for those that don't wish to lift things over the lip
Yes, this is one of the advantages and the other one is that you can get a big flat surface when the back seats are folded down.
The drawback is that the brackets take some space from the boot, so it is a bit smaller.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be getting the bits after Christmas and post some pictures up and i could even do a how to guide if people needed one, We could get a new Sub-forum for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts