Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i am having a proper panic attack here as I have somehow trapped my handbag strap in the boot latch on my car. I can cut the strap off no problem, but the strap is still trapped in the boot. it's wedged in. is there another way of opening the boot from the inside? i can't see that there is and there's no popper or anything in the car. the only way to open the boot is by unlocking the driver's door and pressing the button, but that's not working because the strap is wedged in.

eek. can anyone help

thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Have you access to the owners manual (with the car doc pack)

There's instructions in there about opening the hatch from the inside (I think theres a hole where you can push a screwdriver from the inside)

Dave

·
Registered
568 Posts
There's a slot in the trim just above the lock (inside the car).

Put the car key in the right hand end of the slot (almost to full length of the metal part of the key) and slide to the left. If you have a screwdriver, that might enable you to apply more force, if needed.

That should release the lock

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
You might have to get someone press the outside button while you give the tailgate a good shove from the inside, to overcome the resistance from the wedged strap (just make sure whoever is outside keeps at arms length in case the tailgate opens suddenly)

There might actually be no issue with the central locking, and as above, one person pressing the button and another shoving from inside should be enough to do the trick

Hope you get sorted ...

Dave
Edited by: dash

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi

i am having a proper panic attack here as I have somehow trapped my handbag strap in the boot latch on my car. I can cut the strap off no problem, but the strap is still trapped in the boot. it's wedged in. is there another way of opening the boot from the inside? i can't see that there is and there's no popper or anything in the car. the only way to open the boot is by unlocking the driver's door and pressing the button, but that's not working because the strap is wedged in.

eek. can anyone help

thanks
Did you manage to release it? I've done the same thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done the same thing. I'll try to release it as suggested elsewhere with someone pushing the button from the outside. Any tips on how to sort it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you can climb into the back (rear seat down!) you'll see there is a slot in the plastic trim in the tailgate near the centre. You can activate the latch from there by sliding the key across and try to push the hatch up. From memory - so check the manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts