Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You might not be able to get a deal out of your local VW dealer, but online car broker drivethedeal.com is offering £546 off a 1.0 Bluemotion Tech Move up!, bringing the price down to £8784.

The entry-level 1.0 Take up! gets £456 off the list price, making it available for just £7539. All cars are brand new and come from a UK dealer with full dealer facilities.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My experience would prove you can get a discount through your dealer, and one that is not far off this offer above!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well that would be giving the game away, but the dealer did very well and came pretty close to what brokers are currently offering. I used to work in the trade so haggled hard, and got a tank of fuel as well. I got told that the margins are tight and they only have 1.5% to play with. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MarkyMark said:
Well that would be giving the game away, but the dealer did very well and came pretty close to what brokers are currently offering. I used to work in the trade so haggled hard, and got a tank of fuel as well. I got told that the margins are tight and they only have 1.5% to play with. Hope that helps.
It does give some idea what to expect/aim for

·
Registered
19 Posts
Might be of interest to those yet to order. We ordered a black Move Up with maps & more, sound pack, waffle alloys & driver assist pack. We got half a tank of fuel, free premium car mats & an £300 extra for our part ex without too much persuasion. Ended up with £140 discount & a free first year service after some negotiations as we were given the wrong info. We were repeatedly told there's no margin in the car. We were told they hadn't made any money on our car but as we were threatening to cancel they reduced it. Never sure how much to believe what they say though!
Edited by: Black Up

·
Registered
655 Posts
Never believe what they say!!! Back in January when i ordered and apparently 'no discounts' were to be had, I shed £500 of the total, a tank of fuel and some euro plates!! Haggle hard and they won't let you leave without a deal

·
Registered
4 Posts
In Poland there are a lot of discounts for profession groups.I was negotiating a discount for medicine doctors and I got 7% (from the main price) discount for it - they have discounts for soldiers, policeman, clerks and teachers.
I don't know how the English dealers do :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts