Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<ul>[*]New finance scheme planned[*]Insurance can be included in monthly cost[*]Designed to help younger drivers[/list]
You could soon run the entry-level version for less than £100 a month - including insurance - with a new scheme.

The scheme is likely to be a version of one already in place in Germany. There, customers can choose to include insurance in their monthly bill, or to add maintenance on top of that.

The finance packages are also tweaked to allow the customer to pay a higher monthly price in the first half of the agreement (usually four years), then pay less for the remainder of the deal.

VW sources say the scheme is likely to be finalised in the coming weeks ""“ but admit that the firm is targeting a modest deposit and a base fee of £99 per month for the entry-level 54bhp version of the Up, including insurance.

The scheme is designed to appeal to cost-conscious customers in the market for a sub-£10,000 car ""“ and to break down some of the running costs that can deter younger customers

·
Registered
241 Posts
The new finance scheme is now out for the uk.Does not include insurance but does include service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had most of the cash to pay for the carpubt the dealer (uk) persuaded me to take the finance deal because you get 3 years servicing for £99 and I can redeem the finance after 6 months and still keep the the servicing deal. What they failed to point out was that I would have to pay an arrangement fee of about £170. So not as good a deal as they made out but still worth it.

The dealer also automatically added paint protection for about £450 to the price without telling me.I told him to take it off.

A little bit of sharp practice methinks!

Harry

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi everyone! I was blinded by the amount of cash we would get back from our trade in on the finance deal and how much lower the monthly payment would be. It was late and we had been there a few hours and as usual the kids wanted to go home. We worked out the figures as best week could and we would have ended up paying £1400 in interest over the 3 years - the difference to buy was only £1700!! We were at the garage the next morning before it opened to cancel the finance and just pay the difference. Our dealer was very understanding, amended our order to include our additions and cancel the finance. I'll be more careful next time and leave the kids at home!!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
see there was no way i could afford the up without the finance option as im not on an amazing wage, so it was brilliant option for me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts