Up Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
People probably know that if the seller sets up an eBay trade account to sell the LSD part, the buyer will be surprisingly well-protected....And there is credit card or PayPal protection for buyers. eBay has got to the point where it's more like "cave venditor" rather than "caveat emptor"!

If the concerns are technical rather than financial, then for that money it'd be worth visiting the OP and asking to test drive a modded car....

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Folks

I am working with Quaife Engineering to produce an Anti-Torque Bias Differential specifically for the UP GTI.

This will work perfectly with the Traction Control and reduce wheel spin, improve grip, reduce tyre wear and reduce torque steer and well as improving braking!

I have had to order a production run of 10 units which should be with me around Christmas 2020. I will keep one unit for myself and sell the remaining 9 units at the Quaife RRP of £715 plus VAT. I will be setting up an Ebay trading account to offer these differentials to the general public. I would welcome any feed-back or interest from members of this forum.

Thanks

Michael
This paragraph is from the Quaife website.

A direct replacement for the standard open differential, the Quaife ATB differential transforms your car’s performance.
Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip differential, the Quaife ATB differential relies on gears rather than clutch plates for its operation. That means it is much smoother in operation.
The ATB differential never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle, like a conventional LSD. Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree, and never locks.
The ATB differential has many benefits over a standard open differential, including maximising traction and minimizing wheelspin, eliminating torque steer and snatching in front wheel drive cars compared to conventional LSD units, and a maintenance-free design, which retains the standard oil lubrication.
The Quaife ATB differential is proven in circuit and drag racing, rallying and road use, is produced from Corus steel billets, and is CAD designed and CNC machined, all whilst maintaining ISO 9001 standards.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Folks

Just had an email from Quaife to say that the design stage for the upcoming VW UP GTI ATB Differential is complete and they are just waiting for sign-off before commencing with manufacturing. They still envisage a pre Christmas delivery..!

Hope some of you petrol heads will ask Santa Claus for this little gem!

I will keep you updated
Cheers

Michael

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Folks

Just had an email from Quaife to say that the design stage for the upcoming VW UP GTI ATB Differential is complete and they are just waiting for sign-off before commencing with manufacturing. They still envisage a pre Christmas delivery..!

Hope some of you petrol heads will ask Santa Claus for this little gem!

I will keep you updated
Cheers

Michael

Hello Everyone

I have just had a communication from Quaife Engineering to say that the VW UP GTI differentials will now be completed in February 2021.

My understanding is that the Covid 19 pandemic has forced the company to change their production schedules and I am disappointed that we won't have them available for Christmas as originally envisaged!

Thank you for your patience and please get in touch with me if you have any questions.

Michael

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Micheal,

Yes I would be very interested, I had been looking at modifying a Quaife diff to fit the gearbox but this will be a much better option.

Kind Regards Chris
Hi Chris

Did you see my update on the ATB diffs?

Kind regards
Michael

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Folks

I am working with Quaife Engineering to produce an Anti-Torque Bias Differential specifically for the UP GTI.

This will work perfectly with the Traction Control and reduce wheel spin, improve grip, reduce tyre wear and reduce torque steer and well as improving braking!

I have had to order a production run of 10 units which should be with me around Christmas 2020. I will keep one unit for myself and sell the remaining 9 units at the Quaife RRP of £715 plus VAT. I will be setting up an Ebay trading account to offer these differentials to the general public. I would welcome any feed-back or interest from members of this forum.

Thanks

Michael
Hi Folks

Just to let you all know that the upcoming VW UP GTI Quaife ATB differential, will be delayed until February 202.

I understand that the Covid-19 virus has forced Quaife Engineering to re-jig their production schedule. This is disappointing but hopefully you will have a bit longer to save up for this great modification!

I will keep you posted.

Michael

21 - 26 of 26 Posts