Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just purchased a brand new High up in peal black with a sports pack, nice wheels with low profile tyres, after a bad experience with a Blue motion 1.2TDI Polo PY61DZZ part ex for the High up after only 11 months of ownership, was certaintly a Monday morning production! However Benfield VW Carlise did me a good deal and cannot but praise them for there service and attention to detail. The sales chap had in fact sold me a Toyota Corolia some 9 years ago when working for Border Toyota. Small world.

This is the very first car I have purchased brand new during my long life, but have had plenty of new company cars
over the years!

So after a week of driving the High up, I am impressed,loads of room in the cabin. controls that are easy to find and operate, a sat nav that does about everything well designed heated seats with a good driving position and for a 1ltr engine it goes well evenon the hills of Cumbria. Just put the first tank of fuel in and its working out at 63MPG so far.

Only remark I would make is that due to the flat back end and the rear wheels being right on each corner the rear tail gate gets very dirty in wet weather. I think rear mud flaps would help solve this problem. Anyone noted the same problem, and are mud flaps easy to fit ones self?

Pictures to follow when the rain stops in Cumbria!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my groove up (metallic orange) from the lovely people in Carlisle three weeks ago! I'm thinking about mud flaps too as I seem to kick up quite a trail driving in the rain, would love to give it a good wash if the weather ever gets better!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have mud flaps and have noticed very little muck on the back screen relatively speaking. Certainly much better than my Ford KA was and it had flaps too.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I fitted flaps to mine. I managed the fronts by myself, but could not get the clips onto the backs. I had to pay the dealer to finish the job. They do help keep the car cleaner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've ordered mine with flaps, but now find you can get them on ebay for less than half the price!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be driving up to Windermere next May in my Up! - hopefully it'll not only handle the hills but the lengthy drive from Essex and back

·
Registered
851 Posts
Many people have driven long distances in their ups. i've done Gloucs to West Yorks (200 miles) very comfortably. I remember someone on the forum saying they had driven to Germany in theirs - fully loaded too. They are talented little cars.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow !!! That is impressive !!!

I'm out of breath walking to the village and back in the morning for the paper.

Go well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts