Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my up up the m11 and got 83mpg, is anyone else getting this? it seems unrealisic seeing as the book says it will only do 75mpg.
my up has 28k miles on it with yokohama w-drive tyres. perhaps the engine has loosened up by now?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I remember the M11 from my England visit in 2001.
Don't know if there is much more traffic nowadays (compared to other motorways) ...

Mainly on the M11 with an avarage speed of 44 mph ...
68 miles in 1:31 hours ...
Then, 83 mpg is surely possible!

75 mpg is an average of city, A/B roads and motorway. On an "empty" motorway, lorries overtaking you, 83 mpg is no problem ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Doing a 500 mile return trip to Manchester tomorrow, going to try and beat my record mpg!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasnt being overtaken by lorries.

they dont call it rush hour because its quiet on friday afternoon on any British motorway.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On a regular six mile stint on the A1, averaging 50mph, my M&M will steadily climb from 52mpg towards 68mpg.

However, I'm taking my Up! on its first long duration journey to the Cotswolds, in September, so I'll see if I can match/exceed the figures posted by Tom. Edited by: Miserable Git

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im getting about 460 miles to,a tank with 2 little squares left on the fuel gauge.
Topping up tank takes 31 litres so its about 65 mpg.
Mostly motorway driving at 60 mph
Total mileage is now 7000 and mpg seems to have improved, unless its just the warm weather

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can I join in with a Mii?

Looks like I have some way to go. However this was all done on cross country B roads with the occasional town and village to pass through as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts