Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am having trouble finding a part I need. The white connector part that you plug the light into has corroded and need a new one. But I have no idea what it is called.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi there,
Could you clarify which light you mean, please? One of the headlights, rear lights, the interior light, the 12V power port?....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ok, thanks. The version of ETKA (parts catalogue) that I can access doesn't indicate different headlights for the Street Up!, so I'm assuming it will be the same as the regular Up!s:

If by 'plug the light into' you mean the part that is visible from the front of the car with glass and reflectors, that is only available as an entire unit: on rhd cars the part code is #1S1 941 015 for left and #1S1 941 016 for right headlight; final letter of the code is M for black or N for chrome finish.
If you mean the part at the back of the light bulb, I think you want the part labelled #6 above, which is called a 'cover cap' and is part #1S0 941 607. Beyond that the power connection is from the main wiring harness; I believe the connector is part #8L0 973 703 ('flat contact housing with contact locking mechanism for headlamps, 3-pin'); looks like this:

If none of the above, could you clarify further which part you need, please?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Finally found it on the wiring harness list - another 'flat contact housing': #161 941 165

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi there,
As far as I can tell, that part is used for H4 bulbs across most of the VAG range:
Could you explain why you don't think it fits your car, please?

It may also be worth looking at the list on ETKA yourself:
Pick the year of manufacturer and engine code (I believe the Street Up! is CHYB/75bhp), then the electrics menu, then the item 'central wiring set the connector housing is found in the individual...'. All connectors from the main wiring harness are on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts