Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prices for the UP options have been released;

Options will be kept simple, with a choice of eight packs available, as detailed below.

<ul>[*]Sensor pack (£350): parking sensors, cruise control, multifunction computer[*]Driver's assistance pack (£400): City Emergency Braking, ESP, passenger airbag deactivation switch[*]Comfort pack (£350): remote central locking, electric front windows, height adjustable driver's seat[*]Winter pack (£350): front fog lights, heated front seats, electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors[*]Chrome pack (£250): chrome door mirror caps and side strips[*]Sports pack (£450): 16-inch alloy wheels, sports suspension and tinted glass from the B-pillar backwards[*]Sound pack (£100): four additional speakers (two front, two rear)[*]Leather-look pack (£650): leather-look seats, leather-covered steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake, plus carpet mats[/list]

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a question regarding the Sports pack and suspension. The sports back gets you the alloys, tinted windows and "sport suspension" ... what does that exactly mean? Because I've also noticed on the options list on some Ups there's a Suspention pack that lowers the car by 15mm for £200. Is this the same suspention that you get with the Sporta pack?!?

·
Registered
124 Posts
The sports suspension is a lowering and stiffening of the Up in order to make it corner with less roll :)

I have however seen some reviews and previews that advise against the sport suspension as it ruins the ride quality that a lot of reviewers have been gushing about the Up - turning it from a smooth and comfortable 'big car' ride, to a stiff and bone jolting small car ride...

·
Registered
655 Posts
It does indeed include the lowered ride height...which i feel is beneficial to the car as the wheels fill the arches better and it doesn't look like a pram on stilts!! I am sure the ride is slightly firmer, but surely it can not be as bad as my MINI's used to be! I think the look of the sport alloys may be worth the slight trade off...but time will tell once we drive it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yea - definitely looks nice lowered!

Here's the first review on google, it also mentions the 'harsh' sports suspension. It's annoying as I really wanted to sport pack and actually ordered it... Then did a bit of research and got scared away from it :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/carreviews/8853484/Volkswagen-Up-review.html

I'm hoping the spoke alloys on my black high up give it a classis VW look... But I know I'll be jealous the first time I see a sport kit in the flesh ;p

Edited by: Lovejimbo

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well i think anyone who has owned a MINI knows about harsh ride...so I'm not to bothered at present...i Prefer the idea of it holding the line better in corners with the lowered suspension and just couldn't deal with the classic alloys...Fingers crossed my teeth don't fall out on the drive home!

·
Registered
677 Posts
My Smart Fortwo felt like it had hexagons for wheels, the ride was pretty poor. The Polo is heaven to drive, it's very smooth. I don't think I will mind that much if the rides a bit off with the lower suspension and bigger wheels! I will be too busy looking cool to care B-) Edited by: Craig200588

·
Registered
38 Posts
I must admit, I was going to have the sports suspension but took it off my order when i heard about the harsh ride. I may be getting too old to have my bones rattled. Reckon the car will look great anyway

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a question is it possible to get any of these options fitted after the car has been delivered?? as my up! was gift and its amazing :D but it seems a bit silly to have a car this new without electric windows and central locking? I thought they would be standard :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
These are factory fit... although an auto electrician should be able to fit them for you using after market parts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it's great that they do all these extras cos lets be honest £8,000 isn't a lot for a great car and vw will likely want it to appeal to everyone that's why they've got so many extras

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all.

Just a word about ride quality. It is my opinion that with 16" alloys the ride is firm enough. After we test drove a bluemotion I wanted the sports suspension fitted. We ended up having a White without this and with the larger wheels the ride/sport feel is just about spot on. Cornering has none of the yaw that the 'motion had so I don't know if VW have adjusted the spring/damper settings for this edition. If anyone knows let us know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts