Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noting the comment in another thread that features Up! models with lowered suspension and even bigger rims and lower profile tyres than offered by VW what are the personal preferences for customising your Up! once it is out of the showroom and on the road.
As it is 2012 it is not about speed but it is about style combined with economy and cheap motoring and certainlythe 3 door Up! ticks all the boxes.

So what are your plans for after market customisation both inside and out?

Clearly colours are important when customising. What looks good in one colour may not look so great in another.

I've got the black wheels with the white hubs and having noted the comments that these really should have been black I have considered the position carefully and actually I prefer the white hubs but that is down tomy personal taste. I think it gives the Up! a sporting look but at the same time creates a slightly upmarketimageand is a little different to the normal look.

So what are your plans if any and what have you seen?

The VW dealer fitted spoiler looks interesting but clearly this has to be sprayed and fitted and dealers will probably want and arm and a leg for this. If I see actually see one fitted to another Up! and its looks good I may be tempted however. Has anybody had one fitted and if so how much?

Anything else that looks good I may want to go with also so if you want to keep your customisation mods to yourself best not to post here!

vup rider

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Someone has definitely posted a pic recently of their up with a spoiler.

I don't think members are shy about posting about their mods

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Up! has one, It came with the car however, so i have no idea how much they would charge. Here's a picture of it, it is a poor photo, I'll take a better one soon for you, they do really finish the car off though, I highly recommend you get one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the VW aftermarket spoiler different to the one that comes fitted to the car?
I have have looked again and have one fitted and it looks very similar to the picture above.

vup rider

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its the same spoiler, but the dealer decided to fit the body kit and the spoiler on my one, as it was an ex demo at first

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spotted this image of the VW aftermarket spoiler in another thread here. It appears to actually sit on top of the original equipment spoiler:-

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Vup Rider, the spoiler doesn't look like it fits properly in that pic you found, or is it me looking at it wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts