Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Might be a bit more planned for the petrol UP's than we know !
Surprised to see the cars with German number plates, normally on the UK site they are UK plates,

·
Registered
290 Posts
The sporty R-Line gives you leaner running gear, a lowered body for extra control and damping for comfort. The styling every bit as impressive as the performance with tinted side and rear windows alongside 16-inch alloy wheels. If you prefer, there is also the option of 17-inch ‘polygon black’ alloys.
I think i'll pass on £££££ for a styling kit.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've no idea why VW bothered to introduce this R line.
An R line is all about performance, rakish looks, and as in that AutoExpress article, an Up Gti body styled kit, and unique alloys.

The new R line is none of the above, it's just a rather expensive, rather staid looking model, that barely looks different to the standard cars.

The only Up that looks slightly sporty, is the Gti, which at least looks quite different to a standard vehicle

·
Registered
95 Posts
An R line is all about performance, rakish looks, and as in that AutoExpress article, an Up Gti body styled kit, and unique alloys.
I think you are confusing "R" with "R line' which are two completely different trim levels. A genuine Golf R is all the things you describe above. However, a polo "R line" has a few "sporty" styling tweaks aimed at the younger generation and allows VW to charge a premium over the base model. Seat does the same with "FR" and "FR line" trim levels.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, as above, Rline is a trim package, not a performance upgrade. We have a Tiguan Rline which has different 18" wheels, bumpers, sports style 2 tone seats, black headlining etc. Nice looking car compared to standard Tiguans.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think you are confusing "R" with "R line' which are two completely different trim levels. A genuine Golf R is all the things you describe above. However, a polo "R line" has a few "sporty" styling tweaks aimed at the younger generation and allows VW to charge a premium over the base model. Seat does the same with "FR" and "FR line" trim levels.
Like the ST-LINE on the Fiesta. Looks the part for the kids.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts