Up Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling this due to no longer having the car. 14 inch (not spacesaver) steel wheel 4 x 100, used this in place of the foam. Fitted with Bridgestone Ecopia tyre with good tread.(175/65 R14).

£25. Collection only from Yeovil,Somerset

IMG_20210510_150036.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
What pressure in PSI do you put in this tyre?
I have a 14" Space saver and have been told by the firm who sold it to put 60 PSI in the tyre to balance out with the other 17" tyres on the car.
I would have thought 60 is rather high in a 14" when i only have 34/32 in my 17" tyres but i guess it must be correct.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Space savers - as opposed to normal spares that are on different rims - run at much higher pressures.
I am not surprised at 60PSI, I've had one like that in other cars.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'm sure you know, but note that those space savers usually have a speed limit of 50 or 55mph, and normally come with a big warning sticker on them saying that (which also would've shown tyre pressure)

·
Registered
312 Posts
When i got the tyre i put it in the boot and have not looked at it since.
Its a pain that the wheel has to be upside down in the boot, as it has to be removed each time you want to check the pressure. It would be easier to check the pressure if the wheel could stay in the boot the other way round so the valve was on show without the need to remove the wheel, but of course the wheel would then bounce around as it would not be secured with the securing bolt.
I do check all the tyres on the car every month and i will check the spare this week.
Yes i know the limit is 50MPH, but i am lucky to get to 30MPH in the traffic these days.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I keep my automatic compressor in the car, under a seat. It can do >60psi if needed. I hardly check the pressure of the spare (full size on mine, so 30psi-ish) as it can be topped up - on the car - in seconds, if needs be. Being upside down, and carrying the toolset is not an issue in this case!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts