Up Owners Club banner

Which tail light design do you prefer?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently realised that the face lifted Up! that is offered in Brazil (and maybe elsewhere) differs slightly from other markets, eg. TSI bumper is present on 75ps version, tailgate is not all glass, and the tail lights are different. While it's safe to assume that the new EU lights look better than before face lift, how do they compare to the Brazilian counterpart in your opinion?

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Brazilian UP has wind down rear windows, i'm surprised these aren't on the European UP's even if it's only as an option.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I mch prefer the up UK design as is genuinly looks like a redesign for the facelift. Whereas the bottom one just seems it has some black inserts but in the original prefacelift lights...

Also wind down windows does look much better and would feel a lot more up market... the pop out windows just feel crap

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahmed.Bossman said:
I mch prefer the up UK design as is genuinly looks like a redesign for the facelift. Whereas the bottom one just seems it has some black inserts but in the original prefacelift lights...
Yes, this makes sense, I wonder why bother redesigning the older lights just for BR? At least they are bit better looking that originals.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would have to agree that the facelifted rear light cluster is a great improvement and lin my opinion looks much better than the Seat or Skoda alternatives. Wind up rear windows would also be nice and I really wouldn't mind the partially metal tailgate present on the two UK alternative modes.

Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
bumbleMii said:
the wind down windows won't fit on the EU UP!, due to the brazilian model being longer.
As far as I know the extra 3" length of the Brazilian version is behind the rear axle line, allowing for a bigger fuel tank and more luggage capacity. The rear doors are the same. Close examination of the two pictures at the head of the thread shows that the distance between the filler cap and the crease line that runs down the C-pillar is larger on the Brazilian version.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
lupogtiboy said:
Nice to be in the minority here but I like the Brazilian lights

I'm with you there, nearly to the point of looking for some.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The new ones are horrible, and don't even look LED. What was the point in that? Newer doesn't always = better.

Edit. There should be an option for the older tail light :) Edited by: Charles

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, while they try to look more modern I too think they could have done it better, or at least if they utilised some led s for consistent and solid light dispersion rather than obvious incandescent hot spots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought a pair from Brazil. Be aware that the glass don't fit the facelifts taillights. Only the old type.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm with you there, nearly to the point of looking for some.
hello sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian and I've seen your discussion, I'm a big fan of the up gti tail lights model. Is access easy to purchase from them? Where could I find to import to Brazil?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just been on the Brazillian website and seen the Up 170Tsi with rear quarterlights, seating for five, roof bars and chunky arch guards. That's not 170hp is it? Looks a well rounded car that we should have had here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just been on the Brazillian website and seen the Up 170Tsi with rear quarterlights, seating for five, roof bars and chunky arch guards. That's not 170hp is it? Looks a well rounded car that we should have had here.
no my friend here in Brazil acronym 170 tsi refers to car torque 170 Nm or practically 17 pounds of torque

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a pair from Brazil. Be aware that the glass don't fit the facelifts taillights. Only the old type.

Cheers

Is it difficult to buy and send facelift lanterns to Brazil?

And the European lantern model fits perfectly into Brazilian cars, I believe it also fits into European cars after facelift

1 - 20 of 25 Posts