Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local VW dealer informed me 16 weeks factory order today. This is comfirmed by a second dealer they are selling like hot cakes. This week sees the release of the price list for the more conservative Citigo. Given all 3 derivates of the car are made in Slovakia the Citigo is worth a look. Top of the green 60ps Greentech in Elegance 3 door guise is £9470 and in SE spec £8890. Tried Skoda as well and no discount there like the VW UP!

I would be interested to know if anyone has secured a discount on theiur purchase. Anyone claiming they have £700 off will be guilty of telling porky pies as I coudl not secure 70p of either car today!

The cheapestinternet providerwill give you at least £330 of a UP! Has anyone secured a bargain?

·
Registered
128 Posts
We had a firm quote of £ 10,350 for a High UP! with sports pack (roughly £450 discount)from a company called OrangeWheels who work just like Drive the Deal and introduce you to a VW dealer. They also match your trade in deal if you have one....it was a very friendly operation with no hard sell tactics or false promises. BUT in the end we went to our original dealer with a print out of the quote and asked them to match it.....they couldn't match the pricebut we did manage to negotiate free 3years servicing and free mats which made the quote within £100 of the Orange wheels price(inc servicing). We took this as the dealer is only a mile down the road and easier to go back to if any problems occur. Seems to me the best way to get a good price is to get the dealers to throw in things that don't cost them much to provide yet cost you lots to buy ie free servicing etc. We were going to buy the service package so it worked well for us. Discounts on the UP! itself will be few and far between now the order book is full and the car keeps on winning awards and accolades galore........great for resale values though!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts