Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[TUBE]http://youtu.be/CyJwu8yViVw[/TUBE]A bit better than factory fitted sound...
<div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popupdivoff"=":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.name="popUpDivOn" ;"="" style="display: none;">
<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:none" ="popupmenu"="">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:none" ="popupmenuvideo"="">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDivOn';" style="display:block;">
<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:none" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:none" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

Edited by: igadjourov

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Does nothing for me I'm afraid. Too much respect for my hearing. Quite happy with factory fitted sound system.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I first started driving I loved this sort of stuff because to get decent sound you HAD to buy aftermarket - then I bought a MK5 Golf GT and the 8 speakers completely changed my mind - they are awesome. So dropping back to just 2 piddly speakers is really noticeable soooooo........ Fair play- neat install.

·
Registered
604 Posts
the sound pack for £100 is just right for my ears, I dread to think what you would pay for a system like that

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes,everyone is different and unique.This is my addition -like drugs,alcohol,sex,gambling ext.,but one step at the time.I love DIY so what you see is what I've done with my hands-boxes,wiring,carpet,covers for seats...I love it until next freeking out when I will do something else.I don't know what now,but when the time comes-you will see...))

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for asking...I spent time,passion and my knowledge in work with fabrics-measure,cuts and sewing for seat covers.The only professional touch was the fitting of my HU-Alpine CDE-177BT in car audio shop in Cambridge.Steve and Martin are spot on there-real professionals.Wiring and connections for speakers,amp and sub,boxes and carpet-all by myself.
<div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDivOn';" style="display: none;">
<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:none" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:none" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow you should really sell these things, honestly I think you could make some good money, I'd love to have the ability to make something like them

·
Registered
95 Posts
Even if you just upgrade to some replacement Hertz speakers, it's well worth it; no way the sound-pack can sound anywhere near as good; the supplied speakers are rubbish. It's a fairly easy job as long as you're Ok with a bit of car DIY.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats a nice install youve got there, I used to do a lot of my own installs years ago, although im happy with my upgrade pack in my up, its good to see folks doing nice installs, especially when its not all about volume but also about sound quality too...

·
Registered
38 Posts
install looks & sounds great, is there anywhere that does them (install) complete? I'd love to get one done in my 5dr. thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I said it's my DIY.If you can come at Stamford Hall on Sunday-4th of May you'll see my latest upgrade-Focal PS165 FX-EISA award winners for 2013-2014.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tend to agree with BeeVee - a bit too much for my taste.

Having said that......

A top notch install - especially the door speakers, and the overall finish of everything, even the hatch speakers. The filming was also impressive - a steady hand, great angles. And the transfer from engine tickover to that lovely track playing within the car was inspired.

You are one well talented fella!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really miss having my complete systems like that. Used to spend way too much on stereo as I couldn't afford fast cars, so had a great stereo instead.

You would be amazed how much a good system can improve a drive, it's not just about volume, it's about clarity too. Could be tempted to work out a nice subtle install in the UP! to see what I can do on a CHEAP budget.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts