Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed last night when I got out my car after coming home from work, I looked at my front alloy and thought there was some dirty on it ... turns out I must have kerbed it at some point!!!

I nearly started crying on the spot :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ah gutted! I looked at mine the other day and thought I had and it brought a tear to my eye, is it really noticeable?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I had my EOS for a week when I kerbed it and made a massive scrape in the 18" two tone Chicago alloys! so I know how you feel!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know it won't get rid of the pain completely, but there are plenty of wheel refurbishers out there who will make it look like new again! Many are mobile, so you won't even need to going chasing round the countryside to get it done.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh no, that's a shame! I haven't parked near a kerb yet and if i have to park in a busy carpark I've been taking the Lupo

·
Registered
304 Posts
I park so far away from the kerb, I'm often in a different postcode! Ta da boom!

I have used wheel refettlers on my volvo and you cannot tell it's not a new wheel when they have finished, well worth the cost to have your up returned to pristine, showroom conditition,Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I thought I would take the eos to be repaired, but in the end, just left it and lived with it for five years!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Markmod1 said:
I park so far away from the kerb, I'm often in a different postcode! Ta da boom!
Sometimes my passengers ask me if there's a park and ride system to the pavement!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
ZumbaQueen said:
Markmod1 said:
Sometimes my passengers ask me if there's a park and ride system to the pavement!!

Most remote car parking spaces for me, or better still, only take the car where I know parking is as safe as can be

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I completely agree!! I try my hardest to park safely!!

Drives wifey mad!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
oh no craig!! thats so rubbish!

so far ive been lucky, ive hit the curb outside mine a few times as its such a thin road i need to park close to the curb as poss so that if a lorry comes down they dont hit it! lol. so far i seem to have only hit the tyre on the curb not the alloy

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys! I am still struggling to find out when and where I don't it, I don't park anywhere near a kerb at night, I park in a car park. And if I do park on the street I ALWAY reverse parallel park so if any alloy got scraped it would have been the back one.

Anyway! its not a MASSIVE scrape, just a wee dent! I can live with it :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
its really annoying i hit the kerb all the time and broke my wheel cover.
plus its very expensive to upgrade to rim protection tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've recently had my triangle alloy repaired through VW (scuffed by Sales person before purchase) who promised to put right, I am currently In a battle with them for a new Alloy as the repair was appalling .. So those of you who are looking to do the same, ensure that the repairer is reputable...I'll keep you posted how I get on, Email sent yesterday, I'm still awaiting a reply, Dealer will be named and shamed if they don't play ball...!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good luck! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not surprising the Dealership are back tracking and avoiding taking responsibility for the mess made to my alloy repair, what was a high black Gloss Triangle sports alloy is now a Matt, pitted and unpolished wheel, I am so upset with the attitude of the dealership, and to add insult to injury, they swapped my wheels over so I wouldn't notice when I went to collect her!! Looks like I'm gonna have to pay for a new one, unless any of you know of a reputable repairer in Leicestershire??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts