Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a new member. Ordered our Move Up! the beginning of December and finally got our order number from the dealer today. Great news as our car is 'in transit'
Should we take delivery in Feb or wait till March 1st?????

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a similar dilemma and just decided it made no difference and I just got on and bought one so I could drive it straight away :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
I asked my dealer to hold the up for a month as I still had my final instalment to make on my previous car and I didn't want to pay two car payments in one month. It turns out, that the previous car company wanted me to settle up in full before they'd arrange for it to be collected and I had to build in a comfortable margin because if it reached 3 years old and I hadn't MOT'd it, then they'd charge me for the use of a low loader to take it away on!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Tough call. I waited until January to get a 2013 car, but the wait was painful. I figured that it would be worth more when I sell it but it is still a 62 plate. I think on balance I'd wait for a 13 unless the dealer offered an incentive to register it early to meet his target.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point about the incentive and sales figures. I thought that would have been logged at the time of order and deposit. Anyway, I wonder what sort of incentive would be reasonable?

·
Registered
811 Posts
You're probably right about the financial incentives but I am sure that if it suited the targets there would be some freebies available such as free 3 year servicing etc.

I got a really good deal after some serious haggling, £500 more for my part-ex and the service package for half price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Ally on this one.. cant beat a good haggling session! ... 62 0r 13 plate... depends if you cant wait to get yr hands on Up! ... if only a few days Id wait so you have 6 months of kudos driving a new car .. a 62 will be perceived as 'last year's model' up to you really :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.....I'll see how the land lies when we go and view the little baby :-D. Never owned a brand new car so would definitely like the new plate kudos! Looking for to owning a car that's new to the market too and people asking questions ;-) I had a chat with a nice lady at our local supermarket before we made the decision to order ours and she loved the attention the Up! was bringing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am waiting for mine! It's here and I've inspected it ... but I'm definitely waiting. If you go 62, you'll feel pangs of remorse in just a few weeks time. WAIT, and you'll have the inner glow of a 13 plate for six months. After that it won't really mastter until you come to sell or p/x. Then, that 13 plate could earn you a few extra £££s over the 62 one - unless it's a good few years old by then!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is going to be a 62 plate , I did'nt want a 13 plate ( call me superstitious) so I am getting mine on Wednesday rather than wait the 3 weeks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey I work at a dealership in admin, in terms of reaching target, feb and march (62 and 13) plates are in the same quarter so holding off a plate is more your choice, but better deals might be done at the end of march. Typically we're targeted much less in Feb due to the new plate so your dealer might not respond to the normal 'end of month' rush...

I can't wait to get hold of my high up! Very jealous your delivery is so much closer than mine!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts