Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum. Ordered 1.0 75PS candy white high up 5 door with spare wheel on 02/12/2012 and have Build week 4which is week beginning 21/1/13 I think. God the wait is awful -I'm definitely obsessed withthis car!Think I have read everything that has ever been written about it! I guess you all feel the same.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So you will know there's a few downsides like soaking wet windows on the insides. You can get wet when you open the door if there's been rain, etc. Lots of positives though. Acres of space and lovely, willing little engines. Good fuel economy and negligible road tax. Yay!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well worth the wait, and I do know a few updates have been put into practice on new builds so hopefully less potential issues. At least you should get it when theweatherimproves a little, nothing worse than having a new car and it getsfilthythe same day..

·
Registered
851 Posts
jezyg said:
Well worth the wait, and I do know a few updates have been put into practice on new builds so hopefully less potential issues. At least you should get it when the weather improves a little, nothing worse than having a new car and it gets filthy the same day..
What mods do you know about Jez?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Happy girl said:
Hi I'm new to the forum. Ordered 1.0 75PS candy white high up 5 door with spare wheel on 02/12/2012 and have Build week 4which is week beginning 21/1/13 I think. God the wait is awful -I'm definitely obsessed withthis car!Think I have read everything that has ever been written about it! I guess you all feel the same.
How long after ordering did you get a build date confirmed (by dealer or on line tracker)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies and advice! I had read the information about water getting in etc and will just have to be careful, oh and remember! The dealer phoned me a week or two after I had ordered the car to let me know build week. Wish I had orderd sound pack but alas too late now unless prepared for another long wait. Hope would get car mid Feb but seems I would be better to waut then until 1st March for new reg?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I am sure you will be a very happy girl when you take delivery of your new car. Don't take too much notice of the adverse comments, the Up! is a great car. I have experienced none of the issues raised and am perfectly happy with the sound and lighting. Don't be tempted to modify the car just drive and enjoy it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Beevee said:
I am sure you will be a very happy girl when you take delivery of your new car. Don't take too much notice of the adverse comments, the Up! is a great car. I have experienced none of the issues raised and am perfectly happy with the sound and lighting. Don't be tempted to modify the car just drive and enjoy it.
6 weeks from order to delivery is fast - was yours a factory order or one already in the system but not allocated? I have an ASG on order and have been quoted 3 months.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Truth-seeker said:
Beevee said:
6 weeks from order to delivery is fast - was yours a factory order or one already in the system but not allocated? I have an ASG on order and have been quoted 3 months.

No one was more surprised than me. When I ordered the car I was told eleven weeks delivery which came to last week in November. The build date I was given was week commencing 15th October and by the end of the week after the car was in England. I can only assume that as the ASG had just been launched my spec was already in the system.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I must Waits for about 10 weeks if you count the cristmas holidays. And it was ordered by swedish vw. It was à car in stock. It was delayed though. I was promised a delivery in early january.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Starting to feel guilty about my 4 day wait

·
Registered
592 Posts
....and so you should!

·
Registered
587 Posts
AlanG said:
jezyg said:
Well worth the wait, and I do know a few updates have been put into practice on new builds so hopefully less potential issues. At least you should get it when theweatherimproves a little, nothing worse than having a new car and it getsfilthythe same day..
What mods do you know about Jez?

I have heard of a gearbox mod and ECU tweak, also addressing quality issues with windscreen - although leaks have been rare.

·
Registered
532 Posts
What's that about the windscreen? I've noticed that my windscreen seems to vary in optical quality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts