Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
little Giddy UP! is still at the garage we are just waiting on the maps and more to arrive Giddy got here last sunday and maps ordered monday as can't order till they have the car :-/
hoping we aregoing toget the call today or tomorrow

·
Registered
553 Posts
How annoying is that?

I can't for the life of me understand how any garage can't work out a system to have car & components arrive together!!!

"Sorry sir your car is here we're just waiting for the wheels"

Is it the special white up! you ordered or just a white up!

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's odd. I asked my salesman about this weeks ago and he said they'd now been told they could order the M&M two weeks before the car was due to arrive at the dealership.

Mind you, after yesterday I'm not sure I can believe anything he tells me (when I finally get hold of him that is).

It's v. poor service from VW that they can't organise these things properly and believe me, my salesman's ears will be bleeding by the time I've finished with him if I have to wait longer for my car just because they haven't got the M&M

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
123 Posts
My car and maps and more was ready at the same time, and dealer only had my car 2 days before i picked up... so they CAN order it to be ready. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yip I agree, I can't see why it's not poss to have it ready we had better deals on offer with othermanufacturers with discount and trade In's etc ,but went for theVW as really really liked the UP! and thought it's VW should be on the ballwith service etc
But i'm Sure the car will be worth it and make up for the short fall of the service
P.S. when We get it

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the special white up!and the white up!
all i know is its the Up! White

·
Registered
304 Posts
The special white up! Is the one with the extra long delay in the delivery of the maps and more
.. The up! White is the one where the maps and more arrive at the same time as the car.... Not good service at all, they should come all together, like trifle!... Dealer delay tack tics ? My dealer has no problem in making the maps and more arrive at the same time as the car.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
123 Posts
its really strange how different dealers seem to offer differing levels of service. You'd think they'd all be expected to give high VW service.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thats the start of another weekwith our car waiting for us at the garage
told us it could be upto 5 days for the m+m to arrive, well fri. was day 5 and no call to say it was here
I called sat. and wastold thesales man was on a weekend off which is fine as there aload time off butif he had called on fri eveningas a courtesy just to saythere is a delay but no just left us hanging thinking it could be anytime,told them in no uncertain terms it better be ready monday
the problem is if you kick off andthreaten to cancel the car there not bothered asthere is a back logpeople who will take the car so in a no win position
the problem is I told them at the start there was a problem with the m+m and they said its ok we are on top of itand have it under control clearly not and never mind the two key problem

·
Registered
315 Posts
My up! White arrived on the 4th of May after orderingin early February. The fact that the M & Mwas not due to arrive for another week did not stop them giving me the car. I got the M & M a week later, it was then just a matter of routine to fit it in to its socket. So ask them for the car without the gadget.

You may then also be able to get another free cup of coffee from them. But to be truthful the coffeeI got from my dealer was lousy.But then onehas somethingelse to complain about, doesn't one? TIC (Tongue in cheek).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good news vw called and said the second key fob is here
and pick the UP! up on wed.30th lovely

·
Registered
956 Posts
Congratulations up'sadaisy, or should I say AT LAST. The last 10 days must have been an absolute pain, knowing that the car was at the dealer but not being able to pick it up.

Glad it's finally sorted for you and you're finally getting to bring Giddy home

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes well giddy about it
would say can't wait but we have

·
Registered
160 Posts
It like pregnancy and birth. You wait months and months for your baby to arrive then onceit does and you drive it, you soonforget aboutthe painof waiting. I can't stop smiling everytime I drive mine - absolutely love it and I am sure you will too!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts