Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people will be aware of this but I was'nt.
Just got a spare wheel to replace that "pump up thingy" on taking the stuff out of the moulded poly found the "thing for the locking wheel nuts on the alloys and also a very small "thing" that is used o take off the VW centre plate on the wheels to get to the wheel nuts.

NOW I can do most things check oil,water etc but had no idea about this tiny piece of wire and was all for throwing it away. Now safely saved with jack etc.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mumski1 said:
also a very small "thing" that is used o take off the VW centre plate on the wheels to get to the wheel nuts.
gezzz.. and I thought we were suppose to break the wheel hub cover off with the lug wrench..!

Edited by: vwild1

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
lol... i must admit until I needed to change the wheel once on my polo I didnt know you needed one of these... then mine went "missing" after a trip to the tyre centre. and from then on i used a wire coat hanger... not that I recommend this as if you slip the centre cap is easy to damage!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Me bad? I've never had to change a tyre. Therefore really wouldn't know where to start

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
As mrs privatedoc says...why keep a dog and bark yourself?.....last puncture she got, I got the call to come and change the wheel!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well I very early nearly typed that exact phrase, but thought I'd better not

·
Registered
705 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Me bad? I've never had to change a tyre. Therefore really wouldn't know where to start
You normally start with a flat tyre!

Nick

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Privatedoc said:
As mrs privatedoc says...why keep a dog and bark yourself?.....last puncture she got, I got the call to come and change the wheel!

Collas said:
bugbabe34 said:
You normally start with a flat tyre!

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
A: flat tyre
B: call a man (one you're in a relationship with)
C: alternative to B, call a man employed by the AA

Woof woof!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I thought that was what the RAC were for.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
yapmaul said:
Privatedoc said:
I thought that was what the RAC were for.
But I'm very particular about who gets to fiddle with my nuts and I insist they are torqued properly

Oooh. Errr. Matron!

·
Registered
66 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
A: flat tyre
B: call a man (one you're in a relationship with)
C: alternative to B, call a man employed by the AA

Woof woof!
Thought you that was what men were for ?

·
294 Posts
We do have other uses too you know!

for example - we can fill it up with fuel, wash it, take it to get serviced.. The list is endless!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mrs Privatedoc always lets me take her car when its needing a tankful!

·
Registered
727 Posts
whassup said:
Don't think my wife has ever put fuel in her car
Are you married to Paris Hilton..?

[TUBE]FA621_F3bKw[/TUBE]

·
Registered
304 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE!! These are the type of people our kids look up to!

"I have never had to put gas in it"!!! Incredible!

Kudos to the press photographer, he seemed a real nice guy. I cannot believe she didn't say keep the change to him for his trouble even, she just chucked it like the change was infected or something.

I don't think he will bother next time.....Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm guessing she's not the nicest person in the world

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
it doesnt suprise me that paris hilton doesnt do anything that will get her dirty... in the actual sense. lol

however, some of us girls can change a wheel and put fuel in, and check oil blah blah blah... however if there is a useful man around then why not, im sure most men like to do the "manly" thing?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Has she got a sister that I married?

Or is it just a woman thing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts