Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for constructive feedback on my plans below.

I have white VW UP! High 2018.

Planned modifications.
APR stage 1 remap - +54hp and +63Nm
17" 1Form Edition.3+ (EDT.3+) Wheels in matt bronze 7.5J
205/40 R17 Pirelli Zero Neo all round
Milltek Cat back gt90 exhaust - Black tip
ST lowering springs 20mm drop all round.

Forge intake and blow off valve to be added later.

Any alarm bells ringing over wheel fitment or clearance issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I may be mistaken but I'm planning to sort out my intake/turbo elbow before I get it mapped to take full advantage of the increased air flow in the remap.

I'm sure someone will correct me if it doesn't matter though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be mistaken but I'm planning to sort out my intake/turbo elbow before I get it mapped to take full advantage of the increased air flow in the remap.

I'm sure someone will correct me if it doesn't matter though.
Hi,

Autohaus have ensured me the improvements in performance without any hardware changes. Just to use 97 and 98 RON rather than 95. I am getting them to do the exhaust and springs at the same time to save on labour charges. To be honest I want to do this all at the same time but I know i can fit the airbox and dump valve myself. Plus my savings will only go so far.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I can highly recommend the racingline turbo elbow and panel filter with the APR 98 Ron map! It's what we have on our GTi and it goes like a little rocket 😎
Would personally try some different tyres pirelli aren't that great these days I recently took a friend out with a Alfa MiTo cloverleaf and although his car runs wider Nero's he said his car would have been in a ditch if he tried to match the speeds we were doing on 205/40/17 Dunlop RT2'S in the Up! They are very reasonably priced.
We have had Vogtland springs and they seem great but let down by the original dampers in certain situations I am massively fussy but have a set of Eibach pro Street S coilovers to go on very soon and wish I just went that route in the 1st place but you live and learn....

·
Registered
505 Posts
If it's for the sound regarding the Forge items then go for it but the dump valve brings no performance gains whatsoever and I doubt the intake is as good power wise as the turbo elbow and a panel filter which are both cheaper than the Forge intake.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mark.cup is right...

Dump valves are so pointlessly 1990's - best left to Subaru/Mitsubishi boy-racers at 2 a.m. driving in affordable housing estates!....

And existing inlet-side hardware does not need to be replaced, unless you have a remap that boosts turbo pressure significantly. In which case, fair enough, as we'd otherwise now be talking mass flow, physics and the law of diminishing returns....

If I'm wrong about just changing inlet H/W, fine - just post the same-day, before-and-after dyno printouts, or timed laps. I will eat humble pie! The sound may improve though, so, call a spade a spade if that's what is important.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi. Thanks everyone. That gives me plenty to think about.
If I may ask one more question.
Has anyone upgraded their ICE. Want apple car play and sat nav in one unit.

many thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
just springs are hopless the stock schocks are total crap
just get the st complet suspension, the bilstein heigh adjust is also crap totally harsh ride from the rear, and with your b roadso_O;)
if money is a problem the bilstein b schocks with eibach springs they are way better then the heigh adjust bilstein
regards
Sören

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would go for Michelin PS4 instead of the P Zero Neros. Had them before and they don't agree with the Up at all - tramlined everywhere and zero wet grip

Reactions: freemansteve
1 - 9 of 9 Posts