Up Owners Club banner

WASHED

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  b82ry 
#1 ·
Hi guys and girls how many times have you washed your UP since you have had her..Me 3 times in three weeks and i am going to keep count

#3 ·
Every two weeks. (I have a golf to wash on the other week) no rest for me... Lol the up is smaller to wash, but the high up wheels take longer to clean.Edited by: Rednaxela

#5 ·
Rednaxela said:
Every two weeks. (I have a golf to wash on the other week) no rest for me... Lol the up is smaller to wash, but the high up wheels take longer to clean.
I wished you didn't say the high up wheels take longer, I love detailing my car, but wheels are the worst bit for me! Gives me cramp in my hand lol

#10 ·
I've been washing mine about once a week but I only do the wheels once a fortnight. They are pretty easy to do by the way, I use the Auto-Glym alloy/ceramic wheel cleaner which although expensive uses less if you spray it on to the wheel brush (you will have to use one) to get in to the nooks and crannies. If you spray it on to the wheel itself a lot will have dripped off before you can get it spread.

I do the rear wheels first because they are not as dirty as the front of course. Have a hose handy so you can wash off and then use the brush again when you can see where you have missed first time round.

#13 ·
Itzben said:
jezyg said:
I have always washed my cars once a week then waxed once every three months. The joy of having rear drum brakes means less brake dust to clean off
Yes!! Rear brake drums neve thought of this!!! I adore washing and waxing my car, can you wax to much?

Too much waxing can induce fine scratches into the paintwork depending on how you clean/wax your car but other than that not really an issue.

My Leon's 18" wheels get filthy both front and rear party due to the open design and having large brakes
. I treat the wheels the same as the bodywork and get waxed as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.