Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive had my Take UP 3months now and absolutley love it, but have noticed how badly it steams up,
Then today i heard water sloshing about inside the drivers door. Has anyone else ha this problem.
Have booked it in with dealer but not for two weeks

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hello Kaz827 and welcome to the forum.

There are a few posts about windows steaming up, I have it some days and not sure what the solution is although some owners are using the dehumidifier bags/crystals with some success.

I have read a post about water in the doors and I seem to remember it was an early car and that VW have put more drain holes in the newer cars, someone with an early car may be able to confirm this.
Did you buy new or is it an early 2012 model ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Derkie54

It's a 63 plate so only a baby. Hubble is going to check the drain hole is not blocked, if not that she's going back to the dealer for tests but they never seem to be the same when mechanics have mucked about with them

·
Registered
957 Posts
Could be blocked and it's worth a try, I must agree with you about taking the car back to the garage I avoid it where possible it's always worth investigating yourself first.

I have a sloping drive and when I had a Fiesta the doors always (after rain) had water in them as they did not have any drain holes at the front of the door but I have not noticed this with the UP.

·
Registered
448 Posts
kaz827 said:
Hi, ive had my Take UP 3months now and absolutley love it, but have noticed how badly it steams up,
Then today i heard water sloshing about inside the drivers door. Has anyone else ha this problem.
Have booked it in with dealer but not for two weeks
Hi and welcome to the Forum. I have a take Up..9 months and about 3700 miles. No problems with misting up or water in the front doors....Mine is a 5 door. No help, I know , with your problem , but maybe every input adds a little. I'm sure your Dealer will help.

Go well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts