Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new on this forum but would like some help /advice / knowledge please.
My 2016 High Up Tsi with only 12,400 miles from new has developed a soaking wet foot well, mainly drivers side and rear but passenger side also damp.
I found out by research that this is a common fault, the Plenth chamber drain holes block?
As it's still under extended warranty, I took it into VW, they leak tested and could not find any leak, after 3 days trying, they informed me it was blocked Plenth holes? VW warranty have said its not covered, so I'm looking at a bill of around £600.
I contacted VW customer care and they have agreed to look into this for me.
Call me synical, but if its a known fault design, why was it only picked up on day 3 or 4?

Any advise from owners with similar problem and was it covered by warranty or vw goodwill?

I love the drive but this has really blown my confidence, as its not even into winter, oh by the way, the car is garaged over night!!
Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
The issue is blocked Plenum holes. They get blocked with leaves & other detritus.
Easy to unblock yourself once you've removed the plastic trim that covers the plenum.
Don't know where they get the £600 from, unless they're including hours & hours of drying out the carpets !

Unblock the holes, then dry out the carpets, job done.

Reactions: freemansteve
1 - 2 of 2 Posts