Up Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got an ongoing issue with my daughter's 2012 model Up! The passenger side floor gets wet especially over winter, with the windows misting up and sweating. The dreaded plenum chambers are free of debris and when I pour some water down them it runs out at the back of the wheel arch on either side. So it's not that they are blocked, which from what I have read and seen on YouTube is the usual source of this type of problem. Has anyone had experience of this and any idea of any other causes of water ingress other than blocked plenum chambers?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
There's no way you can get water on the floor from condensation alone.

Do the doors seal tightly? They can be adjusted if the seals are not working.
Do you have a sunroof?

There is some evidence that some early models may have had poor welds or at least poor (mastic) sealing in welds in various places I believe.

If you search (not that easy) there was talk of water getting into sill chambers or similar, possibly from the road, and when certain rubber bungs were pulled from under the body, water gushed out! Which to me sounded like blocked drain holes somewhere. Sorry to vague! Someone will have better memory on this than I.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve. No sunroof, and the door seals appear to be fine. I had pinned my hopes on the plenum chambers but maybe it will come down to mastic seals. We had water collecting in the sills in the early days with the car, we had that rectified under warranty. Water was clearly heard rushing up and down on braking and accelerating! We had a 2003 Beetle cabriolet actually that had mastic seals broken down with age and had water coming in both sides, nightmare and expensive to get rectified through the main dealer. Hopefully not the same thing here but with the plenum chambers being clear it is looking like it will be something more difficult to find and rectify.

If anyone else has experience or advice, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts