Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else hear liquid noise from their cars?Not sure if its just the petrol in the tank?
It sounds like it running in the driver side sill on a right hand drive car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ye but I hear it on the left, mainly when the car has been parked and all the rain water has beaded on the roof, I set off and as I go down my street all the water runs, some down my windscreen but not that much and then I hear it trickling and sloshing but I don't have any damp carpets etc, but in my spare wheel there is dirty water marks and splashes so must be coming in there

·
Registered
851 Posts
gary02tdi said:
Anybody else hear liquid noise from their cars?Not sure if its just the petrol in the tank?
I think early ups suffered from water retention and had to have some holes drilled to solve this problem. Is yours an early up?Edited by: AlanG

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. It's a 2012 model. One of the first ones!

Drill holes where?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gary02tdi said:

I should have said i have no sign of water on the interior, no wet carpets, no water mark in the spare wheel well. nothing??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have this noise on my Citigo too. It's a 2013 model. After I drive off I can hear a trickle of water down the front channels. I don't think it's a problem and I have no water ingress.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do all of you have the sunroof fitted?
It might be worth a quick poll to see if there's a commonality

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No sunroof but have thought takin a chainsaw to the roof and installing a velux window

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry did i say running.It sound like a tidal wave running back and forth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts