Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
When my wife gets in after it rains water drips from the roof

Anyone else suffered wet clothes due to this?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah it has caught me out a couple of times.. have now learnt to stand well back

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yup, it's a feature of the car. I think there must be a knack to opening and closing the doors that I've developed without noticing how, because I haven't got wet since the first couple of weeks. But how come its just the wife who gets wet? Does it only rain on one side of your car?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Arghhhh that problem really annoys me, in my golf it made water stains all over the inside of my door (when I opened the window)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
And my van does it as well, I've learnt to open the door and stand back till al the drips dripped lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yapmaul said:
Yup, it's a feature of the car. I think there must be a knack to opening and closing the doors that I've developed without noticing how, because I haven't got wet since the first couple of weeks. But how come its just the wife who gets wet? Does it only rain on one side of your car?
Its hers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Perhaps it's an undocumented VW safety feature?
They don't won't you driving drowsy on wet roads, so they make sure you get a quick shower to wake you up before driving off?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
silentbazz said:
Perhaps it's an undocumented VW safety feature?
They don't won't you driving drowsy on wet roads, so they make sure you get a quick shower to wake you up before driving off? 

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mark D said:
yapmaul said:
Its hers
Ah! The drips onto the seat persuaded me to get a life shine pack off eBay and treat the interior, though I didn't bother with the outside. I figured those drips were bound to cause staining eventually.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When I think back to my dad's Mk 3 and 4 Cortinas from the 70s, they all had very robust guttering systems down each side. I guess car makers don't make them nowadays for reasons of drag factor, costs and styling. So not everything gets better over time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts