Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm new the forum so just a quick thanks to the back room team for a great job

we have a 2020 E-Up and have been trying to activate the Digital Services for over a month
initially I had hope that it would be an easy thing to do馃檮 it took almost 10 days to ac the SIM card
Then came the Activation problem !
Many Chat messages and phone calls to the support team, who were very helpful despite being unable to sort the issue
then mysteriously all options for contact with any human disappeared from the support system
since then I have managed to covertly talk to a team member in Germany who assured me the problem is being dealt with! and thats all I get if I email for an update
the support system and experience has been awful and frustrating to say the least
Has anyone had similar problems
is this a major issue with the E-Up or the Digital Services system which affects the new ID range too?
I look forward to any information 馃榿

Registered
As a person who has spent a lifetime at the sharp-end of high-tech development, I am now very wary of many modern 'gimmicks' for consumer products. I'm sure that when stuff doesn't work right, then with 99% of companies selling tech or services, you are basically on your own.... You spend hours going round in circles trying to locate a means to reporting an issue, possibly hours on hold on a phone (why are they not forced to offer freephone?), only to get in touch with a data-entry monkey, who is never someone who genuinely knows any real technical detail and is almost as distant from the engineering team as you are. I'm always amazed by people who talk about great support when they have either a) never had a real problem, or b) became entirely happy when they were told where the on/off switch was.... Grr.

I recently bought a Samsung TV which has all sorts of bugs in it's "Tizen" software (a big mistake, we normally avoid all Samsung products like the plague), which I reported. Fobbed off, and with no chance of getting anything fixed, but that's another story, although with common support problems.

Registered
I recently bought a Samsung TV which has all sorts of bugs in it's "Tizen" software (a big mistake, we normally avoid all Samsung products like the plague), which I reported. Fobbed off, and with no chance of getting anything fixed, but that's another story, although with common support problems.
Some of this is C19 related (lack of software updates) and some of this is down to a relentless demand for new smart features on cars and tech to make your product stand out.

A TV is no longer just a TV. Now it's about 4K, HDR, built in apps and streaming services and things have got so much more complicated.

A light bulb is no longer a light bulb because some lazy people want to turn it on by voice command.

In my experience Samsung TVs are better than most. Picture quality is the best of mass market TVs and the software is fine by me.

Case in point; Tesla cars have been found to be the lease reliable in the market. The problem is down to the tech not being reliable and causing electronic problems. Same at Jaguar Land rover.

Registered
Just got mine sorted today, first step was an email with my details and car details as per the message on the we connect helpline. This results in an email saying wait 48 business hour. When this failed to fix it I called again and was told to enter the mileage in km, rounded down to the nearest whole (they weren鈥檛 clear on rounding up or down but it has to be a whole number).
I鈥檓 assuming you鈥檝e tried this already and had no success. Before going through this process I used vcds to change the settings as per shemmo鈥榮 thread that you鈥檝e commented on, some of thouse were wrong from the factory.
i managed to speak to a human on 08002797508 option 1 then 3. Tried yesterday evening with no luck but called today during office hours and got through to a German. Got cut off while on hold and managed to call the same person so they have humans (well at least one!) answering the phone

Registered
This arrived via email the morning after everything was sorted,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry about the registration of your vehicle.

Unfortunately, it is currently necessary to convert the mileage of your vehicle to kilometers when asked to enter the exact mileage in the registration process. We would like to apologies for this inconvenience and want to assure you that we are working on this problem.

In order to convert the mileage into kilometers, please use the following formula:

(miles) * 1.609344 = kilometers

Should you receive an error when entering the value you have calculated, please try to enter the value+1 first, and, if this is not successful, the value-1.

If you face any difficulties or error messages during the process, please reply back to this email with the relevant screenshots along with the timestamps (exact date and time of attempt) so that we may analyze the cause of the issue.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation and understanding.

We remain at you disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 0800 鈥 279 7508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference xxxxxx for a quick follow-up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
This arrived via email the morning after everything was sorted,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry about the registration of your vehicle.

Unfortunately, it is currently necessary to convert the mileage of your vehicle to kilometers when asked to enter the exact mileage in the registration process. We would like to apologies for this inconvenience and want to assure you that we are working on this problem.

In order to convert the mileage into kilometers, please use the following formula:

(miles) * 1.609344 = kilometers

Should you receive an error when entering the value you have calculated, please try to enter the value+1 first, and, if this is not successful, the value-1.

If you face any difficulties or error messages during the process, please reply back to this email with the relevant screenshots along with the timestamps (exact date and time of attempt) so that we may analyze the cause of the issue.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation and understanding.

We remain at you disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 0800 鈥 279 7508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference xxxxxx for a quick follow-up.
Blimey looks like your actually getting people to work on your issue, I鈥檓 just getting the same email 鈥 thank you for your patience鈥 馃が I will have another go tomorrow 馃馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cornish Expat
I tried the Km entry again and it Activated 馃憤馃徏 But my euphoria was short lived......馃槱 I couldn't do anything with the app, now the app says connected to the car but it has locked out, as the range info is from days ago
I鈥檓 really really appalled with the whole experience, still no updates from Digital Services.
im at the point of calling financial services and telling them I鈥檓 not continuing payments or maybe park the car in the entrance of Heritage Bristol 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Got the Car-Net Services connected last night, all seems ok so far 馃馃徎
I managed to talk to a couple of very helpful people in Germany - main switchboard number - option 1 - option 3
they confirmed the Sim Card had de-activated hence the app had locked out馃檮
once that was re-activated the process was faultless this time, remember to enter Km instead of miles and all was up and running
thanks for your help and input guys 馃憡馃徏馃榿

Registered
Good to hear you got it going. It is a bit of a cluster the way VW manage this. Had the dealer known an email was required then this could have been done before I left the premises rather than a week later when I got fed up with the app not working and called the helpline, and there鈥檚 no reason they shouldn鈥檛 know the need to enter distance in KM either. Hopefully they get their act together for the ID.3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts