Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I'm new the forum so just a quick thanks to the back room team for a great job

we have a 2020 E-Up and have been trying to activate the Digital Services for over a month
initially I had hope that it would be an easy thing to do馃檮 it took almost 10 days to ac the SIM card
Then came the Activation problem !
Many Chat messages and phone calls to the support team, who were very helpful despite being unable to sort the issue
then mysteriously all options for contact with any human disappeared from the support system
since then I have managed to covertly talk to a team member in Germany who assured me the problem is being dealt with! and thats all I get if I email for an update
the support system and experience has been awful and frustrating to say the least
Has anyone had similar problems
is this a major issue with the E-Up or the Digital Services system which affects the new ID range too?
I look forward to any information 馃榿

Registered
As a person who has spent a lifetime at the sharp-end of high-tech development, I am now very wary of many modern 'gimmicks' for consumer products. I'm sure that when stuff doesn't work right, then with 99% of companies selling tech or services, you are basically on your own.... You spend hours going round in circles trying to locate a means to reporting an issue, possibly hours on hold on a phone (why are they not forced to offer freephone?), only to get in touch with a data-entry monkey, who is never someone who genuinely knows any real technical detail and is almost as distant from the engineering team as you are. I'm always amazed by people who talk about great support when they have either a) never had a real problem, or b) became entirely happy when they were told where the on/off switch was.... Grr.

I recently bought a Samsung TV which has all sorts of bugs in it's "Tizen" software (a big mistake, we normally avoid all Samsung products like the plague), which I reported. Fobbed off, and with no chance of getting anything fixed, but that's another story, although with common support problems.

Registered
I recently bought a Samsung TV which has all sorts of bugs in it's "Tizen" software (a big mistake, we normally avoid all Samsung products like the plague), which I reported. Fobbed off, and with no chance of getting anything fixed, but that's another story, although with common support problems.
Some of this is C19 related (lack of software updates) and some of this is down to a relentless demand for new smart features on cars and tech to make your product stand out.

A TV is no longer just a TV. Now it's about 4K, HDR, built in apps and streaming services and things have got so much more complicated.

A light bulb is no longer a light bulb because some lazy people want to turn it on by voice command.

In my experience Samsung TVs are better than most. Picture quality is the best of mass market TVs and the software is fine by me.

Case in point; Tesla cars have been found to be the lease reliable in the market. The problem is down to the tech not being reliable and causing electronic problems. Same at Jaguar Land rover.

Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
Just got mine sorted today, first step was an email with my details and car details as per the message on the we connect helpline. This results in an email saying wait 48 business hour. When this failed to fix it I called again and was told to enter the mileage in km, rounded down to the nearest whole (they weren鈥檛 clear on rounding up or down but it has to be a whole number).
I鈥檓 assuming you鈥檝e tried this already and had no success. Before going through this process I used vcds to change the settings as per shemmo鈥榮 thread that you鈥檝e commented on, some of thouse were wrong from the factory.
i managed to speak to a human on 08002797508 option 1 then 3. Tried yesterday evening with no luck but called today during office hours and got through to a German. Got cut off while on hold and managed to call the same person so they have humans (well at least one!) answering the phone

Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
This arrived via email the morning after everything was sorted,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry about the registration of your vehicle.

Unfortunately, it is currently necessary to convert the mileage of your vehicle to kilometers when asked to enter the exact mileage in the registration process. We would like to apologies for this inconvenience and want to assure you that we are working on this problem.

In order to convert the mileage into kilometers, please use the following formula:

(miles) * 1.609344 = kilometers

Should you receive an error when entering the value you have calculated, please try to enter the value+1 first, and, if this is not successful, the value-1.

If you face any difficulties or error messages during the process, please reply back to this email with the relevant screenshots along with the timestamps (exact date and time of attempt) so that we may analyze the cause of the issue.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation and understanding.

We remain at you disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 0800 鈥 279 7508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference xxxxxx for a quick follow-up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This arrived via email the morning after everything was sorted,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry about the registration of your vehicle.

Unfortunately, it is currently necessary to convert the mileage of your vehicle to kilometers when asked to enter the exact mileage in the registration process. We would like to apologies for this inconvenience and want to assure you that we are working on this problem.

In order to convert the mileage into kilometers, please use the following formula:

(miles) * 1.609344 = kilometers

Should you receive an error when entering the value you have calculated, please try to enter the value+1 first, and, if this is not successful, the value-1.

If you face any difficulties or error messages during the process, please reply back to this email with the relevant screenshots along with the timestamps (exact date and time of attempt) so that we may analyze the cause of the issue.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation and understanding.

We remain at you disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 0800 鈥 279 7508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference xxxxxx for a quick follow-up.
Blimey looks like your actually getting people to work on your issue, I鈥檓 just getting the same email 鈥 thank you for your patience鈥 馃が I will have another go tomorrow 馃馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Cornish Expat
I tried the Km entry again and it Activated 馃憤馃徏 But my euphoria was short lived......馃槱 I couldn't do anything with the app, now the app says connected to the car but it has locked out, as the range info is from days ago
I鈥檓 really really appalled with the whole experience, still no updates from Digital Services.
im at the point of calling financial services and telling them I鈥檓 not continuing payments or maybe park the car in the entrance of Heritage Bristol 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the Car-Net Services connected last night, all seems ok so far 馃馃徎
I managed to talk to a couple of very helpful people in Germany - main switchboard number - option 1 - option 3
they confirmed the Sim Card had de-activated hence the app had locked out馃檮
once that was re-activated the process was faultless this time, remember to enter Km instead of miles and all was up and running
thanks for your help and input guys 馃憡馃徏馃榿

Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
Good to hear you got it going. It is a bit of a cluster the way VW manage this. Had the dealer known an email was required then this could have been done before I left the premises rather than a week later when I got fed up with the app not working and called the helpline, and there鈥檚 no reason they shouldn鈥檛 know the need to enter distance in KM either. Hopefully they get their act together for the ID.3

Registered
Hi All

we have a 2020 E-Up and have been trying to activate the Digital Services for over a month
initially I had hope that it would be an easy thing to do馃檮 it took almost 10 days to ac the SIM card
Many Chat messages and phone calls to the support team, who were very helpful despite being unable to sort the issue
then mysteriously all options for contact with any human disappeared from the support system
since then I have managed to covertly talk to a team member in Germany who assured me the problem is being dealt with! and thats all I get if I email for an update
the support system and experience has been awful and frustrating to say the least
is this a major issue with the E-Up or the Digital Services system which affects the new ID range too?
Yes having major issues with we connect. Picked up my e-up yesterday and love it. Previously I had set up as much as I could in we connect like adding my car. When trying to activate car-net I kept getting a failed mileage. Emailed we connect and had this response:

VW Logo
Volkswagen WE Logo

Dear Mr xxxx
Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
We apologize for the inconvenience you are currently facing. However, we are more than happy to assist you.

We would like ask what exactly the issue you are encountering?

According to our Car-net tools, your vehicle and the Volkswagen server are up to date. However, your driving data has not been updating since November 17th.

If this is the issue, we would like to suggest some troubleshooting steps in order your driving data communicate again. Please follow the steps in the following:
  • Set the privacy mode to maximum for about 10-20 sec.
  • Then back to the original value.
  • Leave the vehicle and let it stand for at least 10 min (so that the OCU reaches the "DeepSleep" state)
  • The online services will be available again at the next start.
Moreover, in the app:
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app, just to make sure you have the latest version
Also, please complete your enrollment in VW ID:

https://vwid.vwgroup.io/

This issue should be resolved.

If the issue still persist, please be so kind to provide us the following:
  • Screenshots with an error you are getting along with timestamps
  • What services are affected
  • App version
  • Smartphone model & operating version
  • A short description with steps you have taken so far
This way, we can further analyze the problem and solve this for you as quick as possible.
In the meantime, please know, that we remain at your disposal for any
further inquiries you might have. You may reply to this e-mail or call us
on our direct line 0800 鈥 279 750 8 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number: 503704 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always a safe drive with your favorite Volkswagen e-UP.
Yours faithfully
Your Digital Service Team

Imprint

Volkswagen AG is a stock corporation under German law, with headquarters in Wolfsburg.

Chairman of the Board of Management: Herbert Diess

Board of Management: Herbert Diess, Oliver Blume, Markus Duesmann, Gunnar Kilian, Hiltrud D. Werner, Frank Witter

Postal address:
Berliner Ring 2, 38440 Wolfsburg
Tel.: +49-5361-9-0
Fax: +49-5361-9-28282

Volkswagen AG is registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court of Brunswick under HRB 100484.
The VAT ID number of Volkswagen AG is DE 115235681.

Volkswagen AG is neither willing nor required to take part in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.

Online dispute resolution as per Article 14 Section 1 ORD Regulation: EU platform for out-of-court resolution of disputes
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/

Protecting personal data is important to us. That is why we would like to make you aware of the European General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force on 25 May 2018.

You can find more information on the Privacy Policy of Volkswagen AG at VW.com | Official Home of Volkswagen Cars & SUVs. Please note that if you do not agree to the processing or storage of your personal data, your request cannot be processed.

Now, I don鈥檛 know how to do the first steps in the email. Plus I have uninstalled the app from my phone multiple time and tried to add my mileage but it now keeps saying, Something went wrong. Currently unable to connect. The service is unavailable. Please try again later. Grrr! So I thought I would delete my car from the app and try again, but get same error message. Very frustrating. Also, I

ref:_00D1i91OA._5001iV4IPl:ref
Hi All

yes tried adding mileage, kept saying it was wrong, now I just get a message about not being able to connect, try later. Also, tried deleting my car and get the same message when trying to add it again. Contacted we connect and their response was one of many, but the first was about changing the privacy to max and back to original setting on the car. How is this done? Do I have to do anything when the car is on in the we connect app? I鈥檓 at a total loss. Plus, how do I actually speak to a person rather than an email address to sort this all out?

Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
Yes having major issues with we connect. Picked up my e-up yesterday and love it. Previously I had set up as much as I could in we connect like adding my car. When trying to activate car-net I kept getting a failed mileage. Emailed we connect and had this response:

VW Logo
Volkswagen WE Logo
Dear Mr xxxx
Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
We apologize for the inconvenience you are currently facing. However, we are more than happy to assist you.

We would like ask what exactly the issue you are encountering?

According to our Car-net tools, your vehicle and the Volkswagen server are up to date. However, your driving data has not been updating since November 17th.

If this is the issue, we would like to suggest some troubleshooting steps in order your driving data communicate again. Please follow the steps in the following:
  • Set the privacy mode to maximum for about 10-20 sec.
  • Then back to the original value.
  • Leave the vehicle and let it stand for at least 10 min (so that the OCU reaches the "DeepSleep" state)
  • The online services will be available again at the next start.
Moreover, in the app:
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app, just to make sure you have the latest version
Also, please complete your enrollment in VW ID:

https://vwid.vwgroup.io/

This issue should be resolved.

If the issue still persist, please be so kind to provide us the following:
  • Screenshots with an error you are getting along with timestamps
  • What services are affected
  • App version
  • Smartphone model & operating version
  • A short description with steps you have taken so far
This way, we can further analyze the problem and solve this for you as quick as possible.
In the meantime, please know, that we remain at your disposal for any
further inquiries you might have. You may reply to this e-mail or call us
on our direct line 0800 鈥 279 750 8 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number: 503704 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always a safe drive with your favorite Volkswagen e-UP.
Yours faithfully
Your Digital Service Team
Imprint

Volkswagen AG is a stock corporation under German law, with headquarters in Wolfsburg.

Chairman of the Board of Management: Herbert Diess

Board of Management: Herbert Diess, Oliver Blume, Markus Duesmann, Gunnar Kilian, Hiltrud D. Werner, Frank Witter

Postal address:
Berliner Ring 2, 38440 Wolfsburg
Tel.: +49-5361-9-0
Fax: +49-5361-9-28282

Volkswagen AG is registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court of Brunswick under HRB 100484.
The VAT ID number of Volkswagen AG is DE 115235681.

Volkswagen AG is neither willing nor required to take part in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.

Online dispute resolution as per Article 14 Section 1 ORD Regulation: EU platform for out-of-court resolution of disputes
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/

Protecting personal data is important to us. That is why we would like to make you aware of the European General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force on 25 May 2018.

You can find more information on the Privacy Policy of Volkswagen AG at VW.com | Official Home of Volkswagen Cars & SUVs. Please note that if you do not agree to the processing or storage of your personal data, your request cannot be processed.
Now, I don鈥檛 know how to do the first steps in the email. Plus I have uninstalled the app from my phone multiple time and tried to add my mileage but it now keeps saying, Something went wrong. Currently unable to connect. The service is unavailable. Please try again later. Grrr! So I thought I would delete my car from the app and try again, but get same error message. Very frustrating. Also, I

ref:_00D1i91OA._5001iV4IPl:ref

yes tried adding mileage, kept saying it was wrong, now I just get a message about not being able to connect, try later. Also, tried deleting my car and get the same message when trying to add it again. Contacted we connect and their response was one of many, but the first was about changing the privacy to max and back to original setting on the car. How is this done? Do I have to do anything when the car is on in the we connect app? I鈥檓 at a total loss. Plus, how do I actually speak to a person rather than an email address to sort this all out?
I have no idea what the privacy settings are, maybe it鈥檚 something for other cars with more comprehensive weconnect services. Just email them with screenshots and tell them you鈥檝e done the steps listed.

Registered
I have used it for 2 yrs and 5 months since new. It has never been very reliable. Works OK for a while then the PC site is unavailable - often on Wednesdays. Their Android app worked very well but then they whizzified it and it needs latest android version to work. So with my phone I use the web version if I really need to access it on the move, or my wife's much newer android powered tablet. Support is typically useless** - but at least when it does work it sucessfully updates all parameters.
The old 'distance to your car' was fairly useless - I used it 'in reverse' to find distances to somewhere while car was at home. Its position report is off by a bit - I apparently keep my car next door!. The replacement map thingy is supposed to let us calculate distances for proposed trips but it barely ever works - and insists on dealing only with my home and 'workplace'.
Biggest problem though is needing this app for plug-in-at-home and activate heating - so using house leccy. Why on earth can't we just plug in and do that from inside the car (I can but only at a rapid charger).
** Support couldn't even help when I asked what oil goes in the reduction gears/diff that is between motor and driveshafts. UK dealers ditto. Nobody prepared to find out for me. So I emailed a very nice chap who manages the plant in Bratislava - he replied same day and I have told VW UK what it is (Shell VW 75W MTF by the way).

Registered
I can now add that after the 'death' of the old useful 'we connect' we are now redirected if on PC website to 'Your Volkswagen' which doesn't seem to show much - now just Kms driven and KW/h per 100 KM. I have asked how to convert to the old miles per Kw, the state of charging & how long that last drive was etc page, the map page the heating/AC and start while plugged into the house page etc and so far no reply.. Another giant leap backwards for mankind.

Registered
And I have tried again - both on the web versions and the android apps. Didn't get far. For android via 'google play store' there isn't even a 'My Volkswagen' except in Korean. They still show the original 'We Connect' but it just CTDs every load attempt. There is a 'We Connect ID' but that is limited and keeps wanting to see my 'machine readable' passport or driving licence (no way Jose). The web version of 'We Connect' does load and allow login - then it redirects to a web version of 'My Volkswagen' that doesn't show much (see previous post). It also links to 'We Connect' - I suppose that's in case we might want to go round in a web-loop forever.
So - e-up owners - have you got on any better? and if so how please?

Registered
That 0800 number - I was given it by 'support' on twitter after telling them that I can't find the complete 'we connect' replacement and that my email to support had not been answered. I tried it and after menus it tells me to - you guessed it - email support like I did.
If they could only devote the expertise they use to make good cars , and to devise web/email loops to trap us endlessly they might make IT that works like 21st century stuff too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts