Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The login for this site is far too long winded, having to agree stuff every time is a real pain.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I did think it was a bit weird having to do it each time. But it must take only milliseconds so I don't really mind

·
Registered
705 Posts
What exactly are you talking about? I never have a problem and I remain with a window open all the time. Using Safari I set up a load of tabs for all the sites I've bookmarked and I need to visit on a regular basis. I move from one to another without any need to log in (except for eBay which times out after a while).

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If I stay on the site on my iPad it's fine and I don't need to keep logging in.

If i click on the message notifications on Facebook then I need to loginEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
You can set it to keep you logged in from the computer you are using if you find the login process too long winded?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think putting in your username asnd password and checkin 1 box is hardly difficult but my I only do this on my notebook my iphone remembers me

·
Registered
705 Posts
I leave my computer running all the time as it's less of a strain on the components. Powering on and off too often causes power supplies to blow. That's why I don't have to keep logging in.

Nick

·
Registered
956 Posts
I leave mine logged in all the time but the site does very occasionally log me out of its own accord. Just timed it (very sad I know) and it took 12 seconds to log back in, not exactly a hardship!

·
294 Posts
Is it the 'accept terms' box that you now have to select all the time?

The forum software company added it in to comply with the new EU cookie laws - basically you have to opt in to receive cookies now and without receiving cookies, the forum software won't work properly. I say, blame the EU!

There might be a work around however, click into your member control panel:http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/member_control_panel.aspthen 'Edit Profile'.

Scroll down and select 'Automatically log me in when I return to the Forum' . - Warning - don't do this on a public computer!

Then, providing you don't log out, or clear your cookies, you shouldn't need to accept terms each time.

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan said:
Ok, I've hacked the form a bit so now the terms defaults to yes. 
It is the accept terms that is a pain more than anything and unnecessary in my view, I know it is no hard ship just a pain. It is mainly when I have to view on another machine because I do leave mine on all the time as I know all about components as it is the field I work in. The phone does remember me sometimes but not others too but that is from having a crap HTC Cha Cha I guess.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Dan said:
Ok, I've hacked the form a bit so now the terms defaults to yes.
Terms defaulting to yes is much better, thanks Dan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts