Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Picked my 'UP' up about 1 month ago and have been scanning the forum since, so thought id finally start a project thread.

Day Of Pick Up

got lots of plans for this, and cant wait to put them into action. going down the same route as my previous car, smooth and simple. heres my Fabia that was in May's edition of Golf+ Magazine

Back to the UP, got her home and instantly gave her a few coats of wax to keep that perfect shine

Also test fitted my old schmidts for sizes of what would go under the arches

Also got a few shots with my grandmas up. what a driveway should look like!

First little Mod was a square plate for the back, not happy with it though so im after a import plate. Then I debadged it and also wrapped the rear diffuser

Then the fun Started. woke upto a nice little supprise on the door step one morning!

couldnt have them lying arround so on they went

then i test fitted my porsche Twists for size to see what adapters i would need for that Perfect fitment!

Not sure whether i like the twist or not so there now back up for sale. and thats all for now, hope you like what ive done so far, got plenty more to come. criticism welcome!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice pictures. Thanks Weedon. Good luck with your mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys

Elfy said:
Weedon, did you fit the coilovers yourself?
Yes. Fitted my self on my driveway. Took about 4 hours including tea breaks! It's helps having fitted many sets before though!

·
Registered
53 Posts
What size are the Schmidt th 18 inch should fit Nice, i am looking for oz superlegera in 17 or 18 inch. Keep up updating us with fine updates and so far good job

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The schmidts where 17's mate and did fit nice. I wouldn't go any bigger though.will upload some more recent pictures tonight. Not much has changed just more lows

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers man. I gave specific instructions to my uncle who works at Volkswagen not to screw mine on. So they left both plates and a sheet of sticky pads in the car. Didn't want the 2 massive holes ruining the whole front end

·
Registered
67 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Davec86 said:
18?! are you mad?!I still think 17 is really pushing it!

17s fit a doddle, 18s will go (there was an up! at Worthersee with 18s on), but you'd need air-ride to be able to drop it at rest, otherwise it would look at bit 'rollerskate'.

The Up! with the 18s at Worthersee had coils. Something like 110mm made by these guyshttp://www.ah-exclusive-parts.com/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Davec86

Yes i am mad, and a bit crazy my Friends tell me That. How much lower do you go then weedon i want to go lower how much tread left on the front then, rear adjustment ring gone or what. Pictures always Nice.

When i am home i will upload a picture of my former car 107 some people thougt it was on air.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Arghhh I cant take this!!!! At first I thought lowering with springs or coilovers where just a stupid thing to do but I need them!!!!!! After seeing yours and Davec86's lowered up!s you have propper converted me!! Everytime I see new pics I'm just jelous lol theres no way the misssus will let me do it! I need a project up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a few iphone pictures from today, nothing great. love how its sitting on the front now. details are rear adjusters out, fronts wound down all the way. would like the rear a little lower but ill over come that problem when i get some wheels on it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
We're you driving past Ripley Sainsburys last week? I saw a fab modified Up there which looks rather like yours.Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes that would of been me, i live in eastwood near heanor so im always floating about round nottinghamshire/derbyshire

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not updated in a while so heres what ive been upto -

a shot of it once it had been lowered

bought some porsche D90's and dialed in my fitment with a touch of camber

then i took a drive into the countryside to buxton for the Dubfiction monthly meet

then last sunday we went to Alldubs First show, great turnout!

thats all for now, once i get back off my holiday the D90's will be up for sale and ill be going for 17's.

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 56 Posts