Up Owners Club banner

Week 20 build - delivery update good news

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  whassup 
#1 ·
Well it's been a pretty miserable day in the west of Scotland today as well as being my birthday - I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as I had hoped to be able to pick up my car today but delivery to the dealer was delayed by the Jubilee weekend. Anyway, just had a call from my dealer to say that the car is expected tomorrow at the dealership and would I like to collect on Thursday!

It's made my day, put a smile on my face and is the best birthday present all in one

Weather not looking great for collection but I don't care - it will give me time to figure out how to post pics while I wait for a nice dry sunny day to take some photos.

Are there any other week 20 builds still waiting to collect? Week 21ers.... you won't be far behind now

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks

I couldn't believe it when Scott called me back - I had tried to reach him earlier today to say that I could only collect Monday or Tuesday next week. I'm going back to work next week after being off for 3 months following complications after surgery

I really need my car but also really need to get back into a routine!

You'll be excited about tomorrow. Hope it stays dry and that you get to take some pics.

#5 ·
Excellent news, Ally. Congrats and hope you enjoy your new baby

#7 ·
Privatedoc said:
Excellent news, Ally. Congrats and hope you enjoy your new baby

Thanks and hope you don't have too much longer to wait - you might see me about on the roads as I have yet to see an Up! in these parts!!

#8 ·
I'm around that neck of the woods regularly...spend several early evenings at Ross Hall Hospital ( working....not ill. :). )

When ours comes, it's getting the reg AT08 GAV.Eldest sons name is Gavin

#9 ·
Privatedoc said:
I'm around that neck of the woods regularly...spend several early evenings at Ross Hall Hospital ( working....not ill. :). )

When ours comes, it's getting the reg AT08 GAV.Eldest sons name is Gavin

Well I live close to the hospital so I'm always around these roads. Don't want to be going back to that hospital anytime soon though!

My plate is P33 AAA - so pretty distinctive too

#11 ·
Manacee said:
Nice one veedub-ally. 

Hope suzikettles has read your post. Last I heard she was off to buy a Renault!

Epic mistake!!
Def a mistake going for a Renault. You've just gotta be patient. I waited 14 weeks for a Polo before

#12 ·
Congrats veedub-ally, glad to hear you're getting your up! at last. Hoping to hear some (good) news about mine today as I'm getting totally stalled with all the waiting around and no info from my salesman

#15 ·
whassup said:
Hope you get some news soon. Can't be much longer surely!

I do hope not. Talk about so near and yet so far, I'm starting to wonder if I actually dreamt ordering it

And I'm panicking a bit about the sunroof because of Mumski1's recent problems. I can imagine how very disappointing it is after such a long wait.

All in all, can't say I'm exactly over the moon about the whole new car buying experience, not sure I'd do it again

#16 ·
I waited for over three months for my new beetle when they first hit the UK. I still loved it after 11 years. Please don't let the incompetence of your salesman dampen things for you. You WILL love it when you drive it I'm sure x

#19 ·
Thanks whassup and bugbabe34. I'm sure I'm going to love the car and deep down I can't wait to see him. I'm just being a whinger at the minute, flippin' salesman's fault

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.