Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so...

I've just been reading the Week 20 ers thread and thought "Hmmm"

So Who's week 21 the and when did you order? When did your dealer say you would have your car and when do you think you'll get it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi M5 SUT.

Ordered weekend of 14/15 April. They said approximately 8 weeks which'll be 9/10 June.

Got a text from the dealer yesterday to say that the chaps in Bratislava had started the build and that they'd text with another update tomorrow.

I'm hopeful of getting it for Jubilee weekend but judging by others experiencing 3-4 weeks from build week I'm living in dreamland and 9/10 June will be the better side of everyone's 3-4 weeks.

I've heard on the forum the build takes 3 days so the car would need to be in Emden by the weekend and hit dockside in Grimmo by Monday at the very latest to have any chance of Jubilee as the dealer apparently needs it for 3 days prep to. It doesn't seem feasible when you stack it up but I have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is going to be very interesting!
I was told wk 21
I ordered mine on 8th march!!!!!!!
Would love you all to reply to this thread - don't feel bad if you ordered in april!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I guess this goes back to the dealer allocation versus first come first serve basis again?

I've still not seen a single Up! out and about around Sheffield/Chesterfield/Rotherham other than me on my test drive which somewhat bizarrely I did solo.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hey
I've been told today I'm week 21. Dealer said I should expect it in the uk third week in June.
I ordered on the 17th of April and was told then to expect a 12 week wait, so the new estimate is sooner, fingers crossed

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a week 21er too, although I'm not overly happy about it, having been told by my salesman 6 weeks ago that I was build week 20, and not being updated about the change

Anyway, I'm still in very good company so I can't complain too much and am looking forward to sharing week 21 build info & shipping/delivery dates with you all.

Hey ho.

·
Registered
956 Posts
M5 SUT said:
Just had an e-mail update from our sales chap!

Car built & on its way to Emden for shipping.

That's great news for you at last, only 2-3 more weeks to go hopefully

Please, please, please let mine be on its way too

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clowesa said:
M5 SUT said:

What sort of communication do you get from your sales chap?

·
Registered
956 Posts
M5 SUT said:
clowesa said:
M5 SUT said:

What sort of communication do you get from your sales chap?

It's virtually non-existent. I've had to chase him up all the way through since ordering the car. I spoke to him at the beginning of this week and he said the system hadn't been updated and he'd call me when he had more information.

Called him again yesterday but it was his day off. Left a message for someone else to get back to me with an update and...nada.

Ended up e-mailing the brand manager and very politely explaining how disappointed I am with the total lack of communication, even when I'm chasing them up. He called me back yesterday evening & I had a long chat with him (sterling chap, really nice & determined to sort things out), and this was when I found out my build week had moved from 20 to 21. He also said my salesman should have known this.

He's going to speak to my salesman on Monday (he was on hols today) and make him ring me to agree a "suitable communication plan" for the final few weeks wait.

I'm not holding my breath

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine was supposedly being built on monday but I had the same 'with production' text again today.

Not sure whether that means they haven't started on it yet or it's sat outside waiting for the train to Emden or something in between.

Not had a car for over 4 weeks now so every day longer just grates that little bit more (and I've not waited any where near as long as some).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I happened to bump into salesman in supermarket today. Any word of car? Yes might be getting built this week. Eh thought it was getting built last week that's what you said a few weeks ago
What's going on
I am totally fed up!!!!!!!! Now.
Iand a tad not happyHe said a few folk had cancelled orders now due to delays. I am thinking of doing the same.
Really really disappointed :-(

·
Registered
956 Posts
Finally got some news. Salesman phoned me this morning to confirm Boomer's left the factory and is on his way to Emden. He (the salesman that is, not Boomer) is going to call me every Monday morning from now on, whether there's an update or not

Hang on in there suzikettles, I've gone through the same thing and also felt like cancelling a couple of times but I'm sure you'll regret it if you cancel now. Just keep re-reading all the posts about how fantastic the car is and hold on just that bit longer. The long wait and lack of communication is just soul destroying but it'll all be worth it in the end

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's great news, at least it feels like something positive
is now happening with your order. Let's hope they keep their word and keep you
updated, it's a pain having to chase them all the time. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I hope to see you driving around the roads of Leeds in a few
weeks.

·
Registered
956 Posts
idletony said:
That's great news, at least it feels like something positiveis now happening with your order. Let's hope they keep their word and keep youupdated, it's a pain having to chase them all the time.

I hope to see you driving around the roads of Leeds in a fewweeks.
Thanks Tony, it's now starting to feel like I'm actually going to get my new car sometime soon
. Keep an eye out for me and I'll do the same around early July, hopefully you'll have yours by then

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
212 Posts
clowesa said:
Finally got some news. Salesman phoned me this morning to confirm Boomer's left the factory and is on his way to Emden. He (the salesman that is, not Boomer) is going to call me every Monday morning from now on, whether there's an update or not

Hang on in there suzikettles, I've gone through the same thing and also felt like cancelling a couple of times but I'm sure you'll regret it if you cancel now. Just keep re-reading all the posts about how fantastic the car is and hold on just that bit longer. The long wait and lack of communication is just soul destroying but it'll all be worth it in the end

Mine to! Hopefully there's a boat ready and waiting for us all. Well our cars anyway!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hope so Manacee. Wouldn't it be great to get a call on Friday to say our cars are in the UK just awaiting transport to the dealers.

I'm starting to get really excited now that it looks as though I might have Boomer within a couple of weeks

1 - 20 of 178 Posts