Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't come across anyone else with a week 24 build............am I the only one???

Does that mean I'll get the full attention of the Bratislav workforce and have little Otto delivered at record speed to the docks??

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Aye, week 24 is the slovak national holiday week....otto will be built by the children of 'bring your child to work week' staff.........lol!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****...............but I bet they can't make a worse job of it than the bods who made the Rover Vitesse I got in 1985. The technicians were despatched from Rover HQ to sort out my watery engine in 1985 and are, as I write, still en route - ie never got here. Must have been in a Rover themselves.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
ahh the SD1 Vitesse.......great wheels as I remember but everything else was a bit friday afternoon....even the police spec ones were often spotted broken at the side of the road......fast in their time when they worked though!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer and apparently my car was built at the end of last week which would make it a build week 24 car I think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Car was built last week too, i'm hoping for a speedy delivery now

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I was build week 24. Called my dealer today who said it was at the docks and he expected it to be less than 10 days now. Happy days!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Woohoo week 24 is in full flow. Lots of nice new pics to look at very soon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi VWBeth - that's interesting.

When I came past Grimsby docks on Monday 25 June there were 2 of the big KESS vehicle transporter ships unloading - and in one compound were lots of VW badged cars.

Maybe ours were amongst them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let's hope! Are they all shipped to Grimsby? I'm counting down the days now! I'm 21 and after getting a permanent job i was finally able to think about upgrading from my n reg fiesta! Just a slight improvement ;). Hopefully we wot be waiting much longer for our ups :).Edited by: VWBeth

·
Registered
956 Posts
VWBeth said:
Let's hope! Are they all shipped to Grimsby? I'm counting down the days now! I'm 21 and after getting a permanent job i was finally able to think about upgrading from my n reg fiesta! Just a slight improvement ;). Hopefully we wot be waiting much longer for our ups :).

I think they ship to 3 ports; Sheerness, Grimsby and Port of Tyne so it depends on where you live as to where your car is shipped to.

Congratulations on the job, the upgrade and getting a brand new car (I'm 51 and my up! is my first ever brand new car). Hope you hear something soon, you're going to love the up!, I guarantee it

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm getting excited now, my sales man has been on holiday for 2 weeks, from the looks of things i should be expecting him to ring me tomoz at tell me my car is in grimsby with the rest of the week 24ers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a week 24 build as well. Heard nothing yet but will be speaking to the dealer tomorrow to find out the latest!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Clowesa! I'm so excited for my up! Everyone around me is extremely fed up of my 'one more week' countdown haha! Glad you're enjoying your up! so much
. I should be getting mine next week but no confirmed date yet. This forum has kept me sane during my wait...this and youtube reviews!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HiI've heard from my sales chap today that my up! is in Grimsby docks waiting for a transporter to move him to Keighley.

I hope your week 24's are also in the transporter queue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am fuming with my dealer at the moment rang two weeks ago for an update while my sales guy was on holiday, they told me it had left the factory and was on its way to the docks. so i was expecting my sales guy to ring me today telling me the car was in the country, but to my surprise he told me the same thing I was told two weeks ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had confirmation from my dealer that my week 24 Up! Is in the UK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer is going to get fed up of me! I rang today and was told it was passed to the transporter yesterday. They expect to receive it end of this week or monday/tuesday. I want to meet my up!

·
Registered
956 Posts
VWBeth said:
My dealer is going to get fed up of me! I rang today and was told it was passed to the transporter yesterday. They expect to receive it end of this week or monday/tuesday. I want to meet my up!

Nearly there though. The wait gets worse the closer the car gets but if it's already on a transporter, there's no reason it shouldn't be with your dealer by the end of this week and with you early next week.

The call to tell you it's here gives you the most amazing feeling, enjoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had confirmation that out week 24 Black Up! Is in the UK. Should be ready next week. Until then Jimmy at JCT 600 Bradford is lending us a Golf plus for a few days as we have to hand out Mazda 3 over on Sunday. The count down is on.
Edited by: Paulcharlotte

1 - 20 of 57 Posts