Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally been given a build date and a approximate delivery date now. Manufacture week 26 and delivery week 31. Ordered first week of May. Lookers VW Modern. High UP. Really looking forward to it now.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
OOH, Lucky you, I ordered the week after you...Hope my dealer comes up with some encouraging news soon....i'm fed UP! waiting :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when we initially ordered we were told there was one in the system which we were going to be able to get by second week of June but we knew that was too good to be true and we knew it was just a salesman wanting a sale.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
so yours will be born week beginning 2 weeks today(25-6-11) so hopefully you'll have her mid july....just in time for some sunny weather and photo-opportunities

enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I suppose the best I can hope for is week 27 or week 28 ..... hope so as current car tax and MOT run out on 31st July.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I am not sure if it will be a her, it may be a him.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have just been told that even though we were given Build week 26 it may be later but we have been told, we will only get delivery last week of July or first week of August and we have not been kept up to speed on anything.

·
Registered
120 Posts
@tweeter1980

Given that this is week 27 now, it is worth getting the order number from the dealer and checking with VW directly - the magic word with a build week is confirmed (code 20), if it is unconfirmed (code10) anything could happen !!

It is then 3 to 4 weeks for dealer delivery & 3days to 2 weeks for the dealer to do his bit !!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
davidw said:
@tweeter1980

Given that this is week 27 now, it is worth getting the order number from the dealer and checking with VW directly - the magic word with a build week is confirmed (code 20), if it is unconfirmed (code10) anything could happen !!

It is then 3 to 4 weeks for dealer delivery & 3days to 2 weeks for the dealer to do his bit !!
I have asked for an order number from them and Lookers have said that it is their policy not to give these out because if you use the number and contact VW they will usually tell you to refer to your dealer and this makes you go around in circles. I get this and will just wait for them to give us info and updates as they get it. Just annoying having to wait. I know that 6 weeks is not that long really. I just have no patience.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have been given the order number. So onto the Order site I went and it now shows order is in transit. I am not sure howaccuratethis is though.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
winging its way to you...think it goes to 'in transit' when it actually leaves factory so could be anywhere, either just left bratislava, on the boat or anywhere in-between

guess my wk28 is still sitting at factory waiting for a lift!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish it was more precise though but then again it would get you very excited for too long. I would say it should come into Sheerness if I am in the South but hey don't know. What would be really cool would be to tell you stuff like on the ship departed. How long does it take to sail from Bratislava to UK anyway?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
faster than a 5 door polo which is built in south africa and comes by slowboat taking 6 weeks to UK

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh okay so possibly 3 weeks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We were told by dealer that the car is in the country but the tracking system says it still in Transit and I think the dude at lookers is talking rubbish.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woo Hoo!!!

Edited by: tweeter1980

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.........mine must be not too far behind.....I can feel your excitement!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Privatedoc said:
<font ="Apple-style-span" color="#006600">FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.........mine must be not too far behind.....I can feel your excitement!
Excitement is not the word. So now I am not sure where it goes from here. I presume it is then registration time and then final bits, not sure how long it will be from here on in.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mine arrived at the dealer on the Wednesday and I picked up last friday. There were traces of hasty polish removal but did I care about that? Give them a ring and then the fun can begin!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts