Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folkes!

It makes me so happy to start this thread

I got a letter from my VW-pusher, that My car will be build in week 27. At first it was due to be week 30, but this is much better

The most wonderful thing about this, is that my summer vacation is set to be in the weeks 30-32. I call this Cosmic timing
Now I can play with my new toy, hopefully, for at least 2 weeks.

Regards
Anders.

Edited by: alodk

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's excellent news Anders. I really hope you get your up! just in time for your vacation and have lots of time to get to know each other

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to hear from my dealer next week. I have requested some minor modifications, but it should not have any influence on the timing.

Regards
A.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fantastic news....enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Car being built this week, expect it to turnup in August.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No News for me

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad news for me
My biuld week, has been moved to week 35, so bye bye week 27

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's a big difference in weeks. Did they say why?

I feel for you

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, probably some rich guy wanted my car, so I have to wait. Don't know for sure. No reason was given to me, other than "the production time has been moved".

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Changing the spec after you have a build slot will add several weeks to the time despite what your dealer promises

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I have spoken to my dealer and the changes I have asked for was not the problem. It was changes in the general production and distribution. Or else he is lying to me. Who knows?

Anyway I have tolled him not to promise me anything more, before the car is build.

·
Registered
956 Posts
So sorry to hear that Anders, 8 weeks is a huge jump, you must be very disappointed

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clowesa said:
So sorry to hear that Anders, 8 weeks is a huge jump, you must be very disappointed
Yeah, just a bit.

I got the information about week 27 in a paper-letter, so I believed it to be a final decision. I have thought about not buying a car at all, but that would only hurt myself.

Hopefully, better days will come after this.

·
Registered
727 Posts
alodk said:
I have thought about not buying a car at all, but that would only hurt myself.

With the right shoes you'll be fine...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts