Up Owners Club banner

Week 28 High up! First Pic'.

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Upmeister 
#1 ·
Just in at the dealers this morning. High up! + Black Gloss Alloys + Sound Pack. We collect Friday pm. Ordered 28 April.

We went for the black gloss alloys which we managed to get FOC. They look even better than we imagined they would. They are an almost dark titanium colour. There was a black High up! opposite with the standard colour alloys and these looked so much better - ok bit of bias but they do look terrific. The guys at the dealership had not seen them before and they were very impressed. They look a million dollars tbh. Forgot to look at the make of what tyres fitted but whatever they are they are very chunky little boots. Don't normally notice tyres much but these are stand out chunky.

Had a last minute spend up too. We have ordered premium mats and rubber mats too (these are specific to the up!), boot liner (too cheap not to), white key cover thingy (daft but hey-ho you've just got to do it) and the protection film on the back bumper.

NB: tracker changed to arrived in UK today too.

NB2: Servicing deal has gone up from £99 to £149. Dealership not able to negotiate on price but they are giving us a full tank of fuel to compensate.

NB3: Number plate ends in OCV which can be Our Cheeky Volkswagen or One Cute VeeDub etc.

Edited by: VWXYZ

See less See more
#4 ·
VWXYZ said:
Just in at the dealers this morning. High up! + Black Gloss Alloys + Sound Pack. We collect Friday pm. Ordered 28 April.

We went for the black gloss alloys which we managed to get FOC. They look even better than we imagined they would. They are an almost dark titanium colour. There was a black High up! opposite with the standard colour alloys and these looked so much better - ok bit of bias but they do look terrific. The guys at the dealership had not seen them before and they were very impressed. They look a million dollars tbh. Forgot to look at the make of what tyres fitted but whatever they are they are very chunky little boots. Don't normally notice tyres much but these are stand out chunky.

Had a last minute spend up too. We have ordered premium mats and rubber mats too (these are specific to the up!), boot liner (too cheap not to), white key cover thingy (daft but hey-ho you've just got to do it) and the protection film on the back bumper.

NB: tracker changed to arrived in UK today too.

NB2: Servicing deal has gone up from £99 to £149. Dealership not able to negotiate on price but they are giving us a full tank of fuel to compensate.

NB3: Number plate ends in OCV which can be Our Cheeky Volkswagen or One Cute VeeDub etc.

Nice. You are so lucky you got anything thrown in for free, our dealer was so rubbish and did not budge on anything.

#5 ·
I also ordered the boot lip protection film, and it's still on back order, so I'll have to get it fitted at a later date.

Nick

#6 ·
Love the wheels on up! much prefer the anthracite wheels to standard silver and I think gloss balck wheels on a white car has been a little over done now. Happy motoring looks fab

I managed to squeeze a £647 discount out of my local dealer last week, but many won't budge of price at all. Helped that I said I would go and buy a Mii unless that got close to or matched the deal from the SEAT dealer next door!!

#7 ·
Thats probably the first picture of a week 28.....bet you can't wait til friday! looking good!

#11 ·
I've also ordered the anthrasite wheels, so it's good to here you are so pleased with them. The white centre caps will even look good with the white paint.

I think they'll look great with the black caps I ordered to go with my deep black pearl paint.

911sse - all up! wheels come with white centre caps from the factory, regardless of paint colour. If you want black you'll have to buy them as an accessory (£45 per set) or get the dealer to throw them into the deal.

#12 ·
911sse: yes, they are white centre caps. They put one on to show what they will look like and they looked nice as they match the paint.

Equally they would look nice in black.

#13 ·
Upmeister said:
I've also ordered the anthrasite wheels, so it's good to here you are so pleased with them. The white centre caps will even look good with the white paint.

I think they'll look great with the black caps I ordered to go with my deep black pearl paint.

911sse - all up! wheels come with white centre caps from the factory, regardless of paint colour. If you want black you'll have to buy them as an accessory (£45 per set) or get the dealer to throw them into the deal.

Def' will be better with black caps on your black car.

They are a really smart looking wheel - not what we were expecting tbh. They are better! We thought they would be an ordinary finish with a hint of black in the lacquer.

I'm not sure where the gloss black comes into it tbh Easily worth £100 extra even though we got ours FOC.

#14 ·
VWXYZ - another forum member (Clowesa, if I remeber correctly) has the anthracite wheels and posted a great picture on the site before I placed my order, so I had a good idea what they looked like - for £100 I think they are some of the nicest looking wheels in the range and are a relatively inexpensive way of making a High up! look a little different. Hopefully they will remain a well-kept secret won't get too popular!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.