Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having ordered the Up last Saturday (16th June), I received confirmation of the build week yestrday from my dealer - Week 29.

Allowing for delivery time to the dealer etc. they look likely to have it towards the latter part of August.

This has taken me a bit by surprise - I didn't expect to see it until at least October!!

I am wondering whether the fact I've ordered a 5 door has had any bearing on the reduced build/delivery time?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
You are probably one of the first 5 door orders , I ordered 6 weeks ago tomorrow and have a week 28 build....how bizarre!

I'm still hopeful for end of july delivery but suppose it will come when it comes!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Upmeister said:
Having ordered the Up last Saturday (16th June), I received confirmation of the build week yestrday from my dealer - Week 29.

Allowing for delivery time to the dealer etc. they look likely to have it towards the latter part of August.

This has taken me a bit by surprise - I didn't expect to see it until at least October!!

I am wondering whether the fact I've ordered a 5 door has had any bearing on the reduced build/delivery time?

Very lucky!!! I ordered mine on 29th April and I have build week 29 too!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Maybe they want some 5 doors on the road to advertise the fact that they now do 5 door.

That said, I still haven't seen a 3 door on the road yet

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm now a week 29er too.

Ordered mine on 27th May. Dealer is saying September delivery to them and then to me.

Happy bunny now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I went to the dealers yesterday to find out I had been moved "Up!" one week from week 30 to 29, so I guess I'm going to join you guys. My car was ordered already on the 19th of April. He did go and look at the delivery times and estimates after it had been built and he said we are looking at a delivery late July early August. Now I don't know if that is over optimistic but it got my hopes Up! again

Ordered from Portsmouth.

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am now a confirmed week 29, so I at least have some certainty even though I am not impressed with the delay (ordered on 3rd March).

As week 29 is manufacture is the w/c 16th July followed by 3 to 4 weeks followed by the dealer doing his bit, that is really delivery at the end of August.

I may as well have a September delivery and have a 62 plate

However, given the service from the dealer so far (Citygate in Ruislip), I imagine that I will have problems with a 1st September delivery !!
Edited by: davidw

·
Registered
315 Posts
Was W28 just been confirmed today W29 16 July - dealer saying due to us early August. Ordered 28 April.

Dealer contacted us without prompting! Hadwins Lake District.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Only one week to go before the week 29 cars get built.
The question is who wants their car ASAP and who will waitto get a 62 plate !!

I will be waiting as it will feel new for 6 months and will add a few pounds on the value.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
my wk 28 will be registered as soon as it arrives, getting a private reg for my son on it...AT08 GAV, we already own AR08 TOB , TOB 77S, S77 TOB and S777 TOB , never really been bothered about 'new' reg numbers though do like to spot them on 1st mar & Sep (of course, as a kid I loved to spot them on Aug 1st.

Its all got a bit silly up here, my local BMW dealer holds a midnight (alcohol-free) party and everyone drives off after midnight in their new cars much to the annoyance of the local residents!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I will be waiting until the new plate as the agreement on my Fiesta does not end until then. Hopefully I get it sorted for an early September pickup. As the vw dealer will take the fiesta as a trade in and pay the balloon amount on me ford options agreement . Or I can sell it to the Ford dealer I got it from as they are interested due to the low mileage.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This pain of waiting now knowing being week 29er! Please let the time go fast so I can have my new baby

·
Registered
315 Posts
Need ours asap - couldn't give a fig about waiting for a '62' - we will be keeping it for 10 years so not an issue for us.

·
Registered
956 Posts
ZillUp said:
This pain of waiting now knowing being week 29er! Please let the time go fast so I can have my new baby

The wait is awful I know, but I promise you it will all be worth it in the end. Hang in there and let the forum keep you occupied for the next few weeks until you get the call to collect your baby

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will be waiting for the new plate, after waiting this long I'm sure a little bit longer won't kill me! I did say to my dealer that I want to pick it up on the 1st of September I think I may go crazy if I wait much longer than that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
clowesa said:
ZillUp said:

The wait is awful I know, but I promise you it will all be worth it in the end. Hang in there and let the forum keep you occupied for the next few weeks until you get the call to collect your baby

These forums just make it worse, reading all about the car here keeps it on my mind every minute!

Anyways rang up Volkswagen yesterday after managing to fish up my order number from dealers (my contact being on summer holiday). They confirmed status code 20 and build next week. Delivery should be early August. Hooray!

·
Registered
120 Posts
<< They confirmed status code 20 and build next week. Delivery should be early August. Hooray!>>
Yes & Pigs fly.

GIven that most of the week 24 crowd are arranging their deliveries now, I suspect that it will be another 5 weeks & you will then have the difficult decision of whether to wait a couple of weeks and get a car that feels new for 6 months or to get the pleasure earlier.

However getting delivery in August will mean a less hurried PDI.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't care too much about the 62 plate, I'm keeping my car for a longer period of time so will not affect that much. The thought did cross my mind at first.

Counting out the weeek 24 ers having delivery last week it would indicate a delivery for me approx. the start of week commencing with 13th August. We will see.

P.S. Week 29 just started, let's hope it's not the Slovakian holiday temps making the cars

1 - 20 of 62 Posts