Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my car a couple of weeks back now, High Up,White,Sports Pack, Sound Pack, 5 door, tracker is showing it "being built"

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
They have to order the parts, so it can show as being built for a month before it is actually being built!

It's a bit dumb really, they should have a section for preparing for build or something like that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had e-mail from the dealer. Up! will be built week 35 (last week in August) expected delivery mid to end September.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Good news arthvr. I think generally people have been looking at around 4 weeks from build to delivery but fingers crossed you get yours sooner rather than later

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered a High UP! 5 door BMT in night blue met with driver assist,sport pack and spare wheel on 8th July,got a call from dealers this morning confirming build week 35. With week 34 starting on 20/9/12,they said it was the quickest order they have had!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I thought the 5 doors were coming through quicker from order to delivery?

My 3 door was built within 8 weeks of order and in my hands within 12!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ladybird said:
Ordered a High UP! 5 door BMT in night blue met with driver assist,sport pack and spare wheel on 8th July,got a call from dealers this morning confirming build week 35. With week 34 starting on 20/9/12,they said it was the quickest order they have had!

Very tasteful, I am biased due to my car being similar. (no sports pack) I need ground clearance and comfort. I'm hoping my blue car goes into the same batch. (Please mum, when will it come, please, tell me!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can understand people not taking the sport pack,but I liked the look of the wheels and the dark tint to the rear windows,come in handy when transporting the grandson or our dog! The other half last 3 cars have been 2 Seat Leon FR and his latest a Polo Gti so I'm used to being a passenger in these cars and the hard ride has never bothered me. I can't wait to get my UP! and have a bit of luxury as for the last 7 years I have owned a very basic 2005 Lupo 1.0e.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine was built week 29 and has been showing as in transit ever since! I was supposed to pick it up on Saturday but won't be as it's still at the exit port as of yesterday.

They told me last week that they had just had a call from VW to say that my car would be delayed for around 3 weeks.

I don't know what the problem is as they either don't know or won't tell me, they have started giving me stuff for free though, not that I asked for anything!

I'm slightly concerned that it's been damaged in some way, working at a port myself I know how things get damaged, I don't really know how it works with cars though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, Harwich I'm guessing?? Nor me, your delay seems strange though as others seem to have been getting them quite quick, I'd ask around here if any other week 29'ers are still waiting

Best of luck

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine is a week 29 and I am picking it up on Saturday. It has been in the dealers pdi compound for about a week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's not in Harwich, it's still in Belgium (I believe that' where they are shipped from), I think they might come into Felixstowe but I'm not sure.

I've been told that there's a problem with the car or shipping it, I just don't know what.

I dare say it will arrive eventually, it's just 28 May when I ordered it seems like such a long time ago, I've almost forgotten what to expect!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got a call from jct 600 today saying that my UP!was now in the UK and they expect it to arrive at the end of the week and they need 3 days to get everything done then I can collect it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got another call from jct 600 saying that they were mistaken and the car will be another week! I hope they are right this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blimey, nothing like getting your hopes up. I'm thinking first week in October is the more likely

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had a call from the dealer, car is in the UK (probably the North Shields import centre) can I come in tomorrow and sign all the paperwork for delivery at the end of the week? Whee!

·
Registered
19 Posts
JCT 600 Wakefield called at 16-15 today to say the car is at the garage! and call in on Thursday to do the "boring" paperwork and can collect it on Saturday
I can't wait

1 - 20 of 30 Posts