Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my week 44 build is now showing as in transit on the customer tracker on VWs website, super excited!
In people's experience, how long would you expect to wait between it changing to 'in transit' on the web, and turning the key for the first time?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My week 42 build showed in transit on 17/10/12 and I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Well excited. You can get more detailed information of your cars whereabouts from the dealer or VW customer services. Not much longer now

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just seen the dealer, who now quotes about 10 days until it arrives at the PDI centre, then it should be in my hands within about two and a half weeks!
Eeeeeeeeeeeekk!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good news, not long now then. Took delivery of my High Up ASG today andI am absolutely delighted with it. Had a drive in the dark to check out the lights after all the posted moans and found no problems. Can only suppose that the adverse comments came from the dazzle brigade, who love to illuminate the car in front to the annoyance of its driver!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree Beevee. Picked up my Move Up today - love it! Just been out to check out the lights having read some negative comments on here but found them to be absolutely fine.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure they are, I took the precaution of ordering some super bright Osram NB+ bulbs, oh and some silvervisions, now just stocking up on dodo juice products for cleaning :-D

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Oh no. You're not a dazzler are you!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is it possible that all the issues like lights, gearbox whine and baulking, pedal clicking etc are all issues on early ups and all the ups being delivered now are all fine? Perhaps anyone with a newly delivered up who's experiencing any of these issues could speak up?Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ah I placed my order early sept - have been told mid Nov - feels like forever!

Hope you post pics when you get the keys, not enough pics on this forum!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Apparently so mate, although in trying not to get my hopes up, I think mine should be here by the week ending 25th at the very latest, although should be the week before I reckon! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just been told my car is making its way to the port of Emden where it MAY sit for two weeks before making its way to the UK!

Anyone else been told the same??

WTH!!! When I originally ordered I was told 6-8 weeks!

Only a few days ago I was told mid November at the latest.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We're you on a wk44 build?
I think I saw about there having been a delay on the ships, but I can't see why it would sit there two weeks?!
I ordered about 10 weeks ago, got my new registration yesterday, and am hoping Monday is collection day!
Super excited now!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I know how you feel, I hope Monday proves to be a good day, You will not be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts