Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone once said you should try everything once, except incest and morris dancing. Well, today I went to Ikea for the first time in my life, and it was an experience. Discovered you collect items yourself from the stock shelves. What! And none of the aisle/location numbers were correct, so you then hunt around for the actual location. It was huge, really huge, big enough to impress Professor Brian Cox. I got lost. I was impressed by a friends armchair made from plywood. So I bought one. It seems like they sell basic items at modest prices. The chairs are rather nice. I like bent plywood, it is much underrated. Not so keen on veneered chipboard. And I was taken back by the enthusiasm of the smiling helpful young blond woman at the check out. (Nothing to do with me, I'm old and knackered.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you saying a VW up! can swallow IKEA flatpack?!
I wasn't sure about risking a trip to there for fear of being faced with smug Fiat Panda owners with their fold down from seats!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
*Front

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks, it must have slipped my mind!

Oh and I'm more of a hotdog and unusual fizzy drink man myself

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I didnt like the meatball sauce... Yuk! Got some coat pegs though..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MattyUp said:
Are you saying a VW up! can swallow IKEA flatpack?!
I wasn't sure about risking a trip to there for fear of being faced with smug Fiat Panda owners with their fold down from seats!!
**** yes! I'm not sure you could get a sofa in, but you could get at least two Poang armchairs, possibly three or four. With the back seats stowed you have as much room as a Fiesta. It is a Tardis. But more reliable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
haha!! this reminded me i am well overdue an IKEA vsiit... well i'm hoping to move house soon, so I may have to take my Up! Utica on a trip. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
my mom used to bring me to Ikea when i was younger so i guess i got used to going around such a big store and i got lost most of the time but i guess it helped me figure out the aisles now that i am older and i still do go there every once in a while as i have been renovating my house. i do love the food section and they sell very convenient ready to eat food that is really good food so it is something for a busy person like me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
M5 SUT said:
I only go to Ikea for the meetballs !!
Mmmmmm meatballs and jam!!!

I pure love ikea! I can remember going there in our smart car, we forgot we had it and bought a fair bit of stuff, when it came to packing the car I was a pro! Slotting it in like tetris. It took a couple of attempts and by now a small crowd had gathered watching us, one woman actually shouted "give up, your not going to fit it all in there" which made me even more encouraged to fit it in. With some clever thinking and creative use of space I get EVERYTHING in :) and guess what happend next .... the small crowd began to clap :D

Twas my proudest moment at Ikea :DEdited by: Craig200588

·
Registered
235 Posts
don't like the meat balls and not a hot dog fan, drive down a couple of meters and have Mcdonalds !!!! not big fan of that much eithe, but a marathon Ikea you need somthing!!!!. (Ikea Croydon)
On another shop note, went to homebase and had to wait while 2 blokes took picture of my little UP! said there mates would not belive it never heard of it

·
Registered
315 Posts
Leif. I like your opening post, especially the bit about trying "Incest and Morris Dancing". I've tried Morris Dancing but at 82 can't see how I can find the time tofit any incest in.

By the way if you want a good way to keep fit without all this jogging stuff which knackers your knees, try Line dancing, it's a hoot, once you get to know a couple of routines it is a good laugh and as you learn more routines/dances you can keep going for an hour or so non stop and get a good "glow on"
without realising it, because it is actually enjoyable. Also of course if you are unattached there are lots of nice ladies there too. (I am assuming you are male of course).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts