Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a white street up, and the alloys that came with the car are starting to get the whiteworm on them, so I have been looking at replacement alloys, I don't want to go near the polished ones again, so not sure weather to go for black, silver, or granite and not sure of the style to go for, so any ideas would be good and photos or links to ones you think would look good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used to have a 2012 Up! Black and replaced the retro wheels with the genuine up polygon 17" alloy wheels I found on Ebay.... They were a nightmare to get my hands on (ended up getting them delivered from Germany at the time) but that was a few years back. If you can get your hands on them they look great! I'll attach a picture.

I'm I saw a set on Ebay a few days ago.

In my opinion they're the best ones you can get!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Q
Hi yes do look nice, but can I ask did you start getting white marks on them not curb rub but just white marks like worms appearing on them, as that's what Iam getting on mine and only after 4 and a bit years I dread to think what they will look like in a few more.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's the nature of the beast with diamond cut alloys I'm afraid. One stonechip or even a slight curbing, if you don't notice it, water & salt get under the laquer and that's where the white worms start.
Our first 64 plate High Up had Triangle alloys from new, and they were OK 21/2 years, but, although they were never curbed, they started deteriorating in their third winter.
Second High Up 15 plate had the Polygons, and again, they started at just under 3 years, again curbing free. Unless you're inspecting them minutely every week, you can't do anything about it, unless perhaps re-laquer them every year, which would slow it down. It's the price you pay for the "look"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi 911ts3
Ive been looking at different alloy wheels all over the internet, I have the 16 inch upsilon alloys on on my white street up, could any one give me any ideas of any alloys that would fit and look good as it's a real mine field, Iam going to stay away from the polished ones any help would be good.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Best looking ones in my opinion are the OZ rally style. I love my standard GTi wheels, but if I were to change them for anything else, it would be the Oz type.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Thanks 911ta3 I will have a look at the oZ rally , Yer I like the standard wheels on the GTi,
On the street up I have them but in 16inch I realy like them but this white warm on them in a few years will make them look bad

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think they do them in 15", which means you could put a slightly taller tyre on and benefit from a better, more compliant ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts