Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So close to deciding what to order, I have quite a limited budget so my spec is narrowed down to this...

Move Up
Tungsten Silver
Black Dash
Sound Pack
Leather steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake

What do you think? I had to be pretty strict with myself from adding too much but I did fall in love with the Tungsten Silver. Wish it didn't cost £500 though!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
M&M is so much more than nav.....BT phone, trip computer, blue index, sd music player, live traffic etc...it is the one thing that represents good value on the extras list........I know what you mean about tungsten but frankly, £500 for metallic is a) taking the piss and b) NOT going to add much to resale........ I too love the mayan blue and if it had been around when I bought mine , I'd have done so.

if you want to keep Tungsten, flog the satnav on ebay and add the M&M....its a bugger to retrofit!

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi VIF,

If you really fell in love with Tungsten Silver: DO IT !!!
to my mind, nothing can be better than a "love decision".
Resell doesn't matter, costs don't matter ...

Seats and dash: Okay ...

Sound Pack: Do it. A MUST to me if you want to have good sounding music.
I really enjoy listening to music in my up! with Sound Pack ...

Leather steering: Nice thing! Have it my own and like it. But ...

The leather set costs £180. The M&M cost £325. That's £145 more ...
To my mind you will regret not having taken the M&M if you see it in another up! ...
Has a dealer (during test drive) shown you what it can do? Privatedoc mentioned it ...
Don't take the leather set but the M&M instead - and somehow you get the £145 more ...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would get a Mayan blue High up! Bit more list price but it comes with M & M besides being better with other kit. You need to do the 'man maths' (i.e. convince yourself the dearer one makes the most sense!)

Anyway, hurry up and buy this mythical up! We need pics when done.....or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How come everyone I'm this thread is saying Mayan Blue? Has it become the best colour all of a sudden? ;)

My short list of colours were:

Black - always looks dirty/dull
White - too common
Tungsten Silver -

Having a look at the blue now, glad I asked anyway, looking at some other options now, I've got till October to order anyway... Edited by: venusinfurs

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mayan blue is just the new colour. Ive seen one in the dealers and like it but to my mind its not a " man " colour.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
venusinfurs said:
White - too common

ahhh...but which white?.......oryx....rare as hens teeth (and for a good reason £950 option)

candy white...yes, very popular

Pure white....rare , only on the 'white' model and we have 2

·
Registered
38 Posts
venusinfurs said:
W
My black Up! doesn't always look dirty of dull! OK, granted it could do with a wash now, but still looks sparkly!

When I ordered mine I went to the dealer looking for a midnight blue car with black dash, and ended up with black car with red dash and have to say I am now so glad I ended up with this one. The coloured dash personalises it more, and makes it stand out from the crowd. And how can you say this beauty looks dirty, and it will never be dull!
but go ahead enjoy your boring old tungsten silver one if you want

·
Registered
109 Posts
LynnMc said:
venusinfurs said:
W
My black Up! doesn't always look dirty of dull! OK, granted it could do with a wash now, but still looks sparkly!

When I ordered mine I went to the dealer looking for a midnight blue car with black dash, and ended up with black car with red dash and have to say I am now so glad I ended up with this one.  The coloured dash personalises it more, and makes it stand out from the crowd.  And how can you say this beauty looks dirty, and it will never be dull!
but go ahead enjoy your boring old tungsten silver one if you want

Thats dirty , but in a good way
. Think you have the best alloys on the range.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After all the deliberation I've decided to go for a 1 year old High Up!

Higher spec for less money and makes it easier to trade in my current car.

Only thing is I can't be as fussy on the colour, so I will probably end up with a white one since 90% of ups here seem to be that colour! fine by me as I quite like it but will se what's available when I have the money saved

·
Registered
33 Posts
Smart move. It's what we did. 1 year old High Up with plenty of extras added on by previous owner. We paid a fair used price for a High Up, the extras were a brucey bonus to be honest. Shop around, there are some great Ups on the market and they're not all white.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Having Tornado Red gives the extra money for M&M.....

Sorry missed later posts saying now looking for used High Up!
Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a tungsten silver high up in the exact same spec you've been looking at (leather wheel & gear knob, black dash etc) and I think it's a great combo.

Not a great picture but here it is:

I've also got black centre caps now which makes it look a lot nicer IMHO.

It's a 2012 model I got part exing my old Alfa Mito for. No extras aside the silver paint but at £9k at only 5k on the clock it was pretty good. Notice you can pick up a high up much cheaper than that now if you get one with a few more miles on the clock.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

1 - 16 of 16 Posts