Up Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
It's obviously beyond your comprehension, but I'll attempt once more.
Opieoils and other such places USE the VW spec. to match oils and offer the customer alternatives. Quality/cost/personal preference. So only an idiot would transpose that into assuming opieoils or other such sites know better than the manufacturers. Of course you should cross reference to the VW spec. Numbers, and based on personal experience/preference you may choose an oil which exceeds the VW spec.
If you want just put the VW spec. numbers into the search field and you get OPTIONS. It's really not that hard

If you can't get your head around that, fine, trot off down to your VW dealer and pay a premium for rebranded Fuchs oil or some other brand.
Why epieoil recommend wrong oil for my car? Because they know nothing which service program is used with a car.

There is no oil which exceed vw spec.

No one said that correct oil can be found only from a dealer.

Maybe we continue from this when you have studied what is the difference between fixed and variable servive intervals. And when you find out which service program your car uses.

Why epieoil recommend wrong oil for my car? Because they know nothing which service program is used with a car.

There is no oil which exceed vw spec.

No one said that correct oil can be found only from a dealer.

Maybe we continue from this when you have studied what is the difference between fixed and variable servive intervals. And when you find out which service program your car uses.
You're just tedious now:sad:
"There is no oil which exceed VW spec." ROTFL
Fixed and variable, ummm the clues are there:surprise: but a wild guess. One maybe fixed. And the other could be variable...
Zero relivence which service program MY car has.
Bye.

You don't know what is the difference between VW502 00 and VW504 00. You don't even know which one suits for your car. Then you come and advice to go to a site which doesn't know the difference between those two specs. They don't recommend any VW502 00 oils. So that's why it is better open owner's manual and find out which oil is suitable for a car. And go from there.

You don't know what is the difference between VW502 00 and VW504 00. You don't even know which one suits for your car. Then you come and advice to go to a site which doesn't know the difference between those two specs. They don't recommend any VW502 00 oils. So that's why it is better open owner's manual and find out which oil is suitable for a car. And go from there.
:grin::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Of course I know the difference. There's a difference of TWO.
Really!??
I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but I'd love to know how you know that I don't know which one I should use?
https://www.opieoils.co.uk/search/go?w=Vw502
There you go, TWO pages of VW502.

Because you share poor advise. And your link still doesn't offer correct choices for the up!. And you still don't know which spec your up! needs. That's because you have never open owner's manual.

I have found the UP manual not clear on what kind of oil to use.
Fiat manuals on the other hand have a clear table of all lubricant fluid to use for each kind of engine amd a recommended brand and type of oil. They put also a photo of the oil cans to make simple to find the correct oil.

Now the interesting thing is that for Grande Punto, the suggested oil for turbocharged diesels is the WR 5W-40 that is into VW 502 00 spec
https://extranetpli-eu.pli-petronas...gua=2&id_livello=1&id_canale=1&id_categoria=8
But for the 1400 cc petrol engine is the Selenia K.P.E. also VW 502 00

https://extranetpli-eu.pli-petronas...gua=2&id_livello=1&id_canale=1&id_categoria=8
And for methane engines is the Selenia Multipower Gas that is not in spec with VW 502 00

The newer Selenia Multipower C3 is in spec with VW 502 00.
SELENIA MULTIPOWER C3 | PETRONAS Selenia 25 Anniversary

The problem is of course that sounds strange that an oil designed for diesel engines is good for petrol engines and viceversa, due the different temperatures and the different leaks one gets from piston rings.

Because you share poor advise. And your link still doesn't offer correct choices for the up!. And you still don't know which spec your up! needs. That's because you have never open owner's manual.
Amazing, you're a mind reader:surprise:
You know that I don't know what service schedule MY car is on.
You know I've never opened MY manual.
And you wanted VW502 spec. Oils. The link is for VW502 spec. oil.
Just interested, as there are NO higher spec. Oils than VW. Which is the higher spec. 502 or 504? And as this is the case why doesn't every other manufacturer use these oils?
Anyway bored now, closed minds and all that:sad:

No grades or viscosity given by VW. That's why it is easy.

I would like to hear the reason why someone doesn't want to use correct oil. I could live with it but hopefully someone doesn't share wrong information.

No grades or viscosity given by VW. That's why it is easy.

I would like to hear the reason why someone doesn't want to use correct oil. I could live with it but hopefully someone doesn't share wrong information.
Because people including myself want to know what they're actually buying. How do I know that what i'm buying isn't basic oil dressed in some fancy VW packaging? Looking at some pages on that link you have a 5/40 or a 5/30 which i imagine is dependent on which country you live and the temperature variances outside.

Funnily enough people like to know that they're not just buying snake oil. I have a preferred brand, Millers for my engine oil and where possible i use that so i would love to know the full spec of the VW oil so i can make an informed choice and get an equivalent if need be. I know i don't have my UP anymore but if I did i'd like to know that if do have to buy the VW stuff then i'm not just buying garbage.

So i repeat the 502/503/504 etc grades from VW must point to something and then people can make a choice.

Could no be easier. VW502 00 for fixed service intervals. VW504 00 for variable service intervals. You could use VW504 00 for fixed service intervals but no need to do that.
On my version of the manual there are other oils indicated on model with FAP filter and nowhere in the manual is explained how to differentiate.
Besisdes having a nice table at the end of user manual and a nice photo will make your life easier.
Like putting a fuse map and description somewhere, because could happen that a fuse blows and you get without lights.

I think that VW should take inspiraton how Fiat and Alfa Romeo manuals are written

Because people including myself want to know what they're actually buying. How do I know that what i'm buying isn't basic oil dressed in some fancy VW packaging?...

... So i repeat the 502/503/504 etc grades from VW must point to something and then people can make a choice.
"VW502 00" is NOT a part number. It is NOT oil "oil dresswd in fancy VW packaging. It is oil specification given by VW. Go to a store and choose any brand or grade you like. Check that it meets VW502 00 specifications and you are good to go. Simple as that.

You're very confusing.
The link takes you to TWO pages of VW502 00 approved oil.
So you're now saying VW502 00 (see I'm now being VERY specific just for you and adding the two zero's) is NOT suitable for the UP.

Anyway I'm happy I understand what I'm putting in my car. I won't worry about your opinions, umm what are your opinions apart from read the manual (no s**t sherlock) and everything I've posted is wrong?
And just to be 100% clear, which seems to be the only way here:
I've known from day 1exactly what spec. oil my car requires.
I've known from day 1 exactly what service regime it's on.
I know exactly what the manual says.
I've not bothered with the UP but I get a lab to analyse the oil in my other car to know exactly how the oil performs over time and if there are any concerns with fuel dilution or component wear. Data. Maybe you'd be advised to use data rather than just reading the manual?

Any 5w40 or 5w30 engine oil grade will work a treat in the vw up engine. The only model in the up range that vw recommend a 0w20 grade oil is the up gti model and even this model can run on 5w30 oil as well.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.