Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've carried a fridge, two 300 litre water butts, and a dining room table (Ercol Plank), not all at the same time I might add. The chap I bought the table from was rather taken aback when he saw the car in which it would be carried home. But the little Tardis did the business.

And I've also carried bags of spent hops (the car had a slightly urine
smell afterwards), and buckets of horse poop collected from the local
lanes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just returned from garden centre with 8x50 litre bags of compost and 4 quite large shrubs. Imagine what i could fit in if I put the seats down :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Entire contents of a very full two bedroom apartment (on roof rack / in roof box / inside the car).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've managed some surprisingly big boxes from IKEA (including a whole double wardrobe)... and the boot actually closed!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
A full size 9kg load washing machine!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My record so far is a Labrador, a (huge, male) Golden Retriever, a Corgi/Miniature Poodle cross, an Australian terrier and a person! Could have easily fitted more!

·
Registered
811 Posts
A suspension rebuild at a VW dealer of your choice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Allybasher said:
A suspension rebuild at a VW dealer of your choice.

couldnt have put it better myself

·
Registered
202 Posts
Joycey said:
My record so far is a Labrador, a (huge, male) Golden Retriever, a Corgi/Miniature Poodle cross, an Australian terrier and a person! Could have easily fitted more!
I want a pic of that next time!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most so far is six big bags of compost plus plants and pots. The wee Up rides really well with the extra weight!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Went out last week and bought 2 robomow lawn robots, but had to empty one of the boxes as they where the size of the whole boot ( with the back seats down )

·
Registered
393 Posts
I try never to carry anything like the items on this thread. My Up! is my little beauty, and so I use ourBerlingo to do all the load lugging/ heavy load carrying! I'm too worried about scratching or damaging it!

Matt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts