Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t seen this thread on here so I thought I would start one.

As per the title just post what you have done. A picture will paint a 1000 words.

If its a new dash or new sticker. Just share a bit of info 8)

I’ll start us off with my gear gaiter. Real leather with a few white stitches to match the seat trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wash & full polish yesterday, and just re-fitted the original wheels and tyres for the summer. I don't like the Winter wheels, but it doesn't half save the alloys. Just one stone chip on one wheel (on the black paint), so a blob of lacquer did the trick.
20210319_161200.jpg
20210319_161149.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fitted an auto lights switch and sensor thanks to an excellent 'How To' from Wayneofwolves.

Then gave it a quick wash.

As it was pleasant outside and all the washing kit was out I decided to clean the other VW on our driveway. It took a bit longer, especially the inside.

·
Registered
GJ68SRY bought as new condition 20 miles on the clock, finished in white.
4 Posts
Fitted an auto lights switch and sensor thanks to an excellent 'How To' from Wayneofwolves.
View attachment 6373

Then gave it a quick wash.
View attachment 6374
View attachment 6376

As it was pleasant outside and all the washing kit was out I decided to clean the other VW on our driveway. It took a bit longer, especially the inside.
View attachment 6375
The sign "VW parking only" on the house wall with the Up and Transporter parked cracked me up. It's a good play on the old 'MOT centre' signage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Badge inlays and red inserts for the GTI badges. Makes the car look 10 times better

·
Registered
2017 vw up beats
11 Posts
So today, I fitted dash cam front and rear, replaced the headlights with Philips racing vision bulbs and then tried to fit auto headlights only to find out I bought the wrong one and my car has the large plug at the back of the switch not three small.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So today, I fitted dash cam front and rear, replaced the headlights with Philips racing vision bulbs and then tried to fit auto headlights only to find out I bought the wrong one and my car has the large plug at the back of the switch not three small.
Is there much of a difference with these bulbs?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Some models (my Citigo for example) has 2 separate bulbs in each lamp unit, one pair for dip beam and one pair for main beam. This is common in larger cars, and on full beam you get 4x H7 bulbs illuminating the road....

Other variants of Up!/Mii/Citigo seem to have a single H4 bulb in each lamp unit - these are twin filament bulbs (main and dip) but only one filament is on at any time, as far as I know.

It looks to me like the twin bulb lamp units might fit in place of the single bulb units.

I have been puzzled by comments saying Up! lighting is not good, while I thought my car had pretty decent lights, at least compared with other cars running standard halogen bulbs....

·
Registered
2017 vw up beats
11 Posts
Some models (my Citigo for example) has 2 separate bulbs in each lamp unit, one pair for dip beam and one pair for main beam. This is common in larger cars, and on full beam you get 4x H7 bulbs illuminating the road....

Other variants of Up!/Mii/Citigo seem to have a single H4 bulb in each lamp unit - these are twin filament bulbs (main and dip) but only one filament is on at any time, as far as I know.

It looks to me like the twin bulb lamp units might fit in place of the single bulb units.

I have been puzzled by comments saying Up! lighting is not good, while I thought my car had pretty decent lights, at least compared with other cars running standard halogen bulbs....
Ah, yes I do have a single bulb which does both.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts