Up Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that there is a key which goes in this slot and has something to do with the navigon…

·
Registered
28 Posts
Depending on your radio, I believe that you'll find that there are three slots. Two are used to remove the radio and one will take a memory card (mp3).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on your radio, I believe that you'll find that there are three slots. Two are used to remove the radio and one will take a memory card (mp3).
It’s a stock 2012 Limited addition Black. Great looking little motor.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A vertical slot about 2cm tall is typically for an SD card (flash memory). If the radio has a button marked 'media' then the radio will play MP3 files off the SD card.

If you have only 2 slots, each say about 8mm wide, then as said above, they are where a tool can be inserted to pop out the radio.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Useful to know.

My radio doesn't have CD drive but still, I'd rather use a £15, 128GB SD-card rather than carry a load of CDs around, each CD being 650MB, so that is about 196 CDs to get the storage that is on something the size of a stamp!

If the OP doesn't have SD slot (or CD slot), there still might be an aux input for getting music off a phone, and that will probably have at least 10GB spare for MP3 files (about 15 CDs).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. So the navigon came with the previous owners phone details. So I did a factory reset.
But it now doesn’t display the car data. Satiable and phone still work fine.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok. So the navigon came with the previous owners phone details. So I did a factory reset.
But it now doesn’t display the car data. Satiable and phone still work fine.
Any ideas?
Clean the contacts on the back of the navigon and on the bottom of the holder

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
PS - I didn't post "No" three times. Just the once. It is a system error if you can see it. :)

And, Isopropyl alcohol is great for contact cleaning

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Genius. Cleaned the contacts with some glasses cleaner. Navigon now fully operational.
Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh. That fix did not last long. So got a bit more aggressive. 240 grade sand paper folded to a point and light sanding of all the contacts. Repeat the glasses cleaner. Now working great. This has done away with the aux cable to my phone as it now bluetooths via the navigon. Looks great too. Thanks Up! Club.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Be careful! 240 grade is pretty harsh - it can remove the thin gold flashing off electrical contacts and leave them more prone to failure from corrosion.

It may be that the contacts have lost some of their "springness" - they all have a little "give". I'd have to look to see how to deal with that, but too rainy today!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts