Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember that Mini comes with Bridgestone, Michelin or Goodyear as standard. I'm wondering what the VW choices are?

I have Dunlop on mine.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Continental....15inch high up! AlloysEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
309 Posts
Conti premiumcontact 2 on my 16" classics

·
Registered
63 Posts
Falken Sincera's on 14" steel wheels. My spare was a Bridgestone Ecopia. I made my dealer swap it for a Falken because I wanted all the tyres to match.

I have wondered which of the two tyres would be the best quality.

Edited by: up_take87

·
Registered
222 Posts
Contis on the stock wheels but anything aftermarket and 17" tends to get either Falkens or Toyo Proxies.

·
Registered
107 Posts
up_take87 said:
Falken Sincera's on 14" steel wheels. My spare was a Bridgestone Ecopia. I made my dealer swap it for a Falken because I wanted all the tyres to match. 

I have wondered which of the two tyres would be the best quality. 
The Falken Sinceras (frank sinatras!) Are made specifically for the Up! Not used on
Any other car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I thought the steelies came with Fulda, or is that a different car hmmmm might be my sisters polo that Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine came with Bridgestone ER300 on the Classics. Have had Conti premiumcontact 2 and ER300s on my last car; both seemed pretty good, but the Contis had a slightly more comfortable ride and would be my preference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's very interesting! I didn't know that was the case with the Sincera's.

I got a flat tyre only 6000kms in, and it was surprisingly easy to find the exact one again.

·
Registered
583 Posts
VW will fit
Bridgestone Ecopia 25
Continental PremiumContact 2
Hankook (whatever)

I've given the OEM 14" Bridgestone Ecopias to my sister, and am now running Dunlop BluResponse in 15".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts