Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Some people claim mid 60s mpg but i get 46mpg. My usual journey is just 3-4 miles so the engine is always running cold. It compares well to my Smart ForTwo in which i got 47mpg with no back seat to haul about.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Last fill upproperly worked out (Not according to M&M)

23km/L = 14,29miles pr liter

Imperial gallon = roughly4.54 pr liter

= 64,87miles pr gallon roughly...
<b style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: normal;">
[/b]

Edited by: Lee in Denmark

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to be doing a 34 mile round trip each day.
Half of it motorway and the rest is 30 or 40 mph speed limits. I don't hit much traffic so I'm expecting a pretty good mpg.
Only thing is I like to get a shift on on the motorway.
Any more feedback would be gratefully received!
What are the ups like on the motorway? Mine will be a 60 bhp take up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Surfsmarty said:
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to be doing a 34 mile round trip each day.
Half of it motorway and the rest is 30 or 40 mph speed limits. I don't hit much traffic so I'm expecting a pretty good mpg.
Only thing is I like to get a shift on on the motorway.
Any more feedback would be gratefully received!
What are the ups like on the motorway? Mine will be a 60 bhp take up.

My 60bhp is fine on the motorway, it does of course cost abit of MPG when driving on motorway unless you are doing a long run...

I drove 188km the other day down to Germany and the needle had barely moved from the full tank icon... And it was 99% motorway at 110km/h (70mph)

·
Registered
523 Posts
My road trip app says 44.24 on average for the year. Pleased with that as I do short trips. Best mpg on one tank is 52.33.

·
Registered
124 Posts
After a +3000km round trip my 60ps BMT averaged 59.94mpg calculated by miles done and petrol used for which I am very pleased as this included some very fast autobahn sections and heavy traffic through London.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Surfsmarty said:
What is your real mpg?
Asked and answered dozens of times already, please use the search.

MPG search

·
Registered
583 Posts
Surfsmarty said:
What is your real mpg?
I only did 141 km on petrol, as this puppy runs on natural gas whenever it can, but I got 59.1 mpg (UK).

I wasn't really pushing, so it should be quite easy to break 60 mpg if you stick to 60 on the motorway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The trip computer on my M & M says 4.8 litre per 100 km, (60 MPG) From my own tank refills, I am getting 5.5 Litre per 100 km. (52 MPG). Quite a difference.
This is driving through the suburbs and freeways of Melbourne.
(how many gear changes is this? )

·
Registered
47 Posts
So our first drive around In our brand new High Up! "Zoomy" indicated 58mpg on the maps and more display. This was with just 19 miles on the clock, a mix of mostly town roads, with lots of red traffic lights grrr, and a bit of 40mph urban dual carriage way stuff. Average speed was around 28mph so it was mostly town/urban driving. As I say, plenty of traffic-light stops. I wasn't trying to drive economically. So I was extremely happy to get 58mpg (indicated).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts