Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED YOUR HELP

Ok so I'm 20. Currently have an aygo but I'm dying for an up/mii/citigo! I loveeeee them.

So of course originally I fell for the up!
Problem is I'm picky and I want the sound pack and the cruise control!

My budget is about 9k for an up!

Now I've found a seat mii second hand, white, 3k miles, it had the six speakers cruise control and then portable system.
So it has everything I want. I can get it for 8k,
A bargain really!!

The up second hand with the same spec is 10k..

Now I love the badge, I won't lie, the vw badge makes me happy!! Haha

But I don't like the idea of spending 2k more for basically the same thing?

I need opinions on what to do!!

I also take into account that the up may be worth around 1k more when I go to sell it eventually than what the mii would be?

Edited by: Aless16

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have an Up and am therefore biased but despite that, being totally rational in your situation I would get the Mii if you are paying outright. If you are using dealer finance though, it would be worth looking at the Up too. On PCP finance there probably won't be much difference in the deposit and monthly payments due to the better residuals of the Up.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I prefer the back and front of the up and the angle on the rear windows (3 door..)
The insides look just as good I think.

However as there is 2k involved, it does make the up expensive. I guess it's which one gives you the most wow factor. If its a wow for both then get the mii.

·
Registered
88 Posts
£9k gets you a brand new Mii Toca with six speakers and the SEAT portable system. If you're quick you might also be able to get free insurance as well. It doesn't come with cruise control, but you might be able haggle something out of the dealer.

That might also be worth considering...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that. I know, of rather pay an extra 1k and get an up though.. And it's only the mii sport I like.. X

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided to be patient for now. It's just with the summer coming in, I wanted a nice shiny cute car! But hey! Better waiting for the perfect one! Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Cruise gets me probably around 5-7 mpg extra....pays for itself !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I read you post and just thought i'd comment from my experience of looking at which offered the best value, but obviously it's totally your call. Just a few questions,why do you want cruise control? do you do allot of motorway driving?,whats your annual millage? and is your Aygo on finance or fully owned?.

In terms of resale value from looking at second hand prices on all three models before I decided to buy a new Mii Sport I don't think there's much to choose between them. All three models have various offers on so that might be worth checking, I got 1 years free insurance with mine but I think the Skoda you get free servicing not sure what you get on the Up!. As your 20 you wouldn't qualify for the free insurance on the Mii as you have to be at least 21.

I would say that maybe a PCP finance deal could be the best way to go for you. You could spec the car the way you want and have a lower monthly figure for 3-3.5yrs then at the end you could pay off the final fee or just hand the car back and start over with a new one,that way residuals wouldn't matter.

One last thing depending on what you decide, make the dealer work for your business
if you have a budget get them to work to it

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like cruise control, it makes for relaxed driving. Ie you can set the speed and keep your eyes on the road all the time. Particularly useful when in speed restricted motorway sections.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I enjoy my cruise control as well, when I set it I put my feet up on the dash and just enjoy the ride if its quiet I'll play angry birds on my phone lol

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I think the Mii looks great. I'd go for the Mii in your shoes, I have an Up, but I am no badge snob. That said, take a look at DriveTheDeal.com. There are not many reductions on the Up trio, but you never know. I think 8K for a 3K sample is excellent. I paid that for a new Up with no extras.

Aless16 said:
Yeah in the sensor pack. And in the mii it's called the convenience pack.
Convenience pack? That'll be the plastic bottle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys!

I want the cruise control due to motorway driving Mon-Fri, annualmileageis around 12k. Not too bothered about the parking sensors but I guess they're handy, and i want the sat nav system just because..!
I fully own the Aygo, will get around 3k for it.

I don't want finance, I have 5k saved, plus the 3 from my agyo, then if i need to add a little extra i could. That's where i get my 8 from.

I've seen some UP!'s on the road near me and they just waow me, i get so excited haha, they're lovely.Especially the Black Edition!! I haven't seen any Mii's yet, which I guess I like the idea of. I went to my local SEAT dealership the other day, and sat in a Mii Sport, and I've got to say I loved it.

There is a few white Mii's with the spec I'm after within my budget at the moment.
(Mii Sport 3dr, Convenience pack, Seat Portable System, the sport comes with the 6 speakers already which is a plus, Istruggleto find used Up!s with the sound pack!!)
But yeah, due to my mum and sister both having white cars (fiesta and mazda2) i want to avoid that, red or black I think is best. Then with the Mii I'd definitely get some nice new wheels and chunky tyres hehe!)

Also If I get a red Mii I'd like the roof wrapped.

So that's about everything. I'm struggling to decide because If i got the right up! i wouldn't change anything, i love the wheels, the chrome etc..

With the Mii i'd change things, but I guess that's part of the fun? I'm just thinking money-wise.

I'm going to test drive the Mii next, see how i like it, I guess it'll be the same really, but you never know!

Thanks for all the replies :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leif said:
I think the Mii looks great. I'd go for the Mii in your shoes, I have an Up, but I am no badge snob. That said, take a look at DriveTheDeal.com. There are not many reductions on the Up trio, but you never know. I think 8K for a 3K sample is excellent. I paid that for a new Up with no extras.

Aless16 said:
Yeah in the sensor pack. And in the mii it's called the convenience pack.
Convenience pack? That'll be the plastic bottle.

Huh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get a Mii, personally I think a great little car and why pay extra for a UP! when you can get a Mii much cheaper and looks way nicer?! ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ben_Seat said:
why pay extra for a UP! ;)
Well, here's three possibilities!
1) VW dealer is within 1 mile; Skoda dealer is 13 miles away, Seat dealer is 25 miles away
2) VW Dealer offered me more for same p/x vehicle
3) Residual value
... and I speak as someone whose last three Company cars were Skodas (as my choice)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts