Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I was thinking of giving the up a good coat of wax before winter arrives I used to use zymol which is awesome but expensive and very hard work to apply so wondered if there is a cheaper alternative

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I use mer... No idea if its any good though!

I also had the williams f1 ceramic coating...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hiya, I quite enjoy using autoglym (find it cheapest on amazon) but my mates like using meguiars (think thats spelt right), we are always having little arguments over it lol have you clayed your car? I would wash, dry then clay all over then polish and finally wax it

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I use auto gylm super resin polish followed by a coat of auto gylm extra gloss protection. Seems to do a good job.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If you want a good wax, Dodo Juice is the one. It's not so cheap, but it comes in a variety of hues to suit your cars colour. IMHO, they truly are top if the game. Smells great too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had my parents done with nanolex nano wax. Lasts around 6 - 8 months but will be topped up with auto finesse tough coat and possibly chemical guys butter wet wax.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Loads such as, meguiars, dodo juice, collinite, autoglym. Dodo stuff is the easiest to use, just remember not to cake any wax on... It's just a waste of product and effort.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Auto glym,its all i ever use, tried everything years ago and stuck with auto glym! As above resin polish followed by the extra gloss protection. If time is an issue use Auto Glyms Aqua Wax!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I lifeshined it the day I got it then used autoglym HD wax coz its easy....will top up with same around november

ps, ebay lifeshine kit was £10 and there is easily enough to do 2 ups!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ian986 said:
So would you recommend life shine over standard auto glym waxes?

Lifeshine is asealantand will offer longer lasting protection. However wax gives an extra shine but can be applied on top of asealantto give that extra glossy shine, associated with a wax.

The bestrecommendationis to use both! Especially as yo can pick up a kit off of eBay for £10.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Davec86 said:
Is that lifeshines business the same as having it treated to supaguard?

Yep Supagard is the same type of protective coating. I have Supagarded my last three cars with a £3 sponge off of Ebay. My Up! will be the first one done using Lifeshine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are the eBay lifeshines legit?I read a warning that they were often just the used kits, with the bottles refilled (not always with Autoglym products).. I have been toying with the idea of getting a kit (as Lifeshine can be applied within the first three years of a car's lifetime), but to be honest the thought of being scammed on eBay has kinda put me off..

Although saying that, a local car parts place will order them from Autoglym for you, so might try that option..

The markup that the dealers put on Lifeshine is quite frankly flabbergasting (yes I know it comes with a guarantee, but my dealership wanted something like £250 for it!)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would spend circa £30 on a pot wax... It will last for years! Never used the lifeshine kits but have cleaned a few that have had it applied. I didn't see much evidence of it working after 2-3 years. If you have it great, it will provide protection, but I think it's title is misleading.

·
Registered
587 Posts
silentbazz said:
Are the eBay lifeshines legit?I read a warning that they were often just the used kits, with the bottles refilled (not always with Autoglym products).. I have been toying with the idea of getting a kit (as Lifeshine can be applied within the first three years of a car's lifetime), but to be honest the thought of being scammed on eBay has kinda put me off..

Although saying that, a local car parts place will order them from Autoglym for you, so might try that option..

The markup that the dealers put on Lifeshine is quite frankly flabbergasting (yes I know it comes with a guarantee, but my dealership wanted something like £250 for it!)

I only go for sealed and unused kits and they have been 100%original.

I was always scepticaluntilI actually applied it myself and it has helped to keep all three cars looking fresher and easier to clean. I still apply Autoglym HD wax on the top anyhow to give a deeper lustre and add a final coat of protection.

The biggest issue with using it is that people decide to use polish not wax on their car, which basically removes the coating, as dealers seem unable to explain how a sealent works properly and give wild claims to sell the poor unsuspecting buyer the kit and enjoy the £250 markup!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts